Award-Winning Teen Filmmaker at Chapel Friday March 30
Kiri Davis, a New York City high school student, is the winner of the Diversity Award sponsored by Third Millennium Foundation. She will be the guest speaker at chapel Friday, March 30 at 10:00 am on the Rockland County campus.
Her award-winning seven-minute film, “Girl Like Me” is an example of how young people can use film as a tool to impact lives in our nation and around the world. In this instance, the film addresses the issue of self-esteem in people of color.
An Urban Academy student, Ms. Davis is a participant in the Reel Works Teen Filmmaking program, which has been featured in the New York Times, The Daily News and on MSNBC, PBS, and NY1 News. Students in this program work one-on-one with professional filmmakers and then are given the opportunity to write, shoot, and edit personal narrative videos on subjects of their choice, while gaining skills in digital filmmaking.
Plan to attend chapel and witness how the powerful statement made by “Girl Like Me” can be the basis of dialogue on campuses, in communities, and in homes as these conversations reinforce the impact of using creative talent for positive results.
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>