Telling the Nyack Story
The fall edition of Advance, the Council For Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU) publication will include an adaptation of an essay, "The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers" by Nyack College Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs Dr. David Turk. He will also contribute a chapter to a 2017 book entitled, Diversity Matters, co-authored by several CCCU leaders.
The CCCU held its wildly successful conference on diversity this past September on the Nyack New York City campus, gathering men and women from Christian institutions of higher education from across the country.
Goals of the conference were for participants to leave with “increased awareness of the complexity of diversity issues within the CCCU; theoretical frameworks and nomenclature for this work, theological foundation for this work, application, opportunities to connect with colleagues across the CCCU and to network with Diversity and Inclusion thought leaders, exposure to content addressing diversity and inclusion concerns in higher education.
Read Dr. Turk’s article here.
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Alumna Alyssa Cruz Presents on Technology-Infused and Data-Driven Lesson Planning
- #GivingTuesday for Nyack's Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico
- Three Nyack Warriors on 2017 Men's Soccer All-Academic Team
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>