West Side Story Wows Audiences
After weeks and long hours of rehearsals—singing, dancing, acting—the Jets and the Sharks are about ready to rumble.
The Nyack College Drama Department will roll out the red carpet for its cast of West Side Story at the American Theatre of Actors, 314 West 54th Street (near 8th Avenue) in Manhattan presenting its premiere performance on Friday, December 2 at 8:00 p.m. Four additional evening shows take place on December 3, 8, 9, and 10; two matinees on December 4 and 11 at 2:00 p.m.
You do not want to miss this remarkable crew of Nyack students and faculty in the reprise the Jerome Robbins version of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet with Leonard Bernstein’s extraordinary music and Stephen Sondheim’s unforgettable lyrics, all presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI).
Get your tickets here today. If you already have purchased advance tickets, spread the word and invite family and friends!
NOTE: Don't take our word for it...how's this for a "two-thumbs-up" review?
"This cast, crew and set need to move from off-Broadway (although perfect for this production at the American Theatre of Actors) to a Broadway Theatre!!!
The tickets will quickly become sold out, once the public gets a glimpse of this talented, emotional and timely production of West Side Story.
My daughter Lisa and I went to reunite and reminisce with long-time friend David Turk. We were so taken by the production, I was still wiping my eyes when I left the Theatre. Under David's direction, his cast, crew, designers, co-directors, choreographer, Mary Gatchell and orchestra conducted by Darryl Jordan, created the most heartfelt production of West Side Story I have seen in decades. It brought back many personal and meaningful memories for me.
Go see it, while the tickets last !!! You will LOVE it! ♥♥♥" --Ginny Lee Davenport
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>