School of Music Students Share Joy at Market Street Mission
Nyack College music students from the Rockland campus travelled to the Market Street Mission in Morristown, NJ recently to perform at an evening chapel service.
Dr. Marie Kenote, Nyack School of Music professor shares, “We go every year; sometimes every semester. Our students come away with a very rich experience of sharing their love of music and the Lord with those at the Mission who are either there for an evening of chapel, a meal and a warm place to sleep or with those who are in the Market Street Mission support program.”
In a communication of gratitude to Dr. Kenote for bringing the students, Learning Center Manager and Chapel Coordinator Nathanael Towers says, “The men in our program are starved for beauty, joy and love. Many of them have grown up in a world of loss, pain and disintegrated lives. Their addiction has perpetuated a cycle of darkness and hopelessness. When guests come with instruments, songs, and humble curiosity about them, our clients are nourished, healed, given clarity and hope. This truly is a blessing. When the songs performed and sung tell the true stories of God’s movement in history and His ongoing interest in the lives of broken people, our men are impacted. Thank you for your interest in them!”
Dr. Kenote remarks, “It's a win-win situation and I'm very thankful for this outreach. We can make a difference in this world of sorrow one person at a time."
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2017 Seed to Harvest Seminar Hosted by Donna Baptiste Ministries
- '08 ATS Alumnus and Young Adults Pastor Adds Executive Director Role to Ministry
- Faculty Recital Features Dr. Tammy Lum
- Nyack Dean to Azusa Pacific Director: Coast to Coast Mentoring
- Nyack Warriors Basketball Podcast
- A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
- Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
- NOV 15: WMCA Radio 570AM Networking Breakfast at Nyack New York City Campus
- Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Nyack School of Music Students Perform at Market Street Mission
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Colloquium Series
- Prayer Summit 2017 With Dave Powers
- Browse Blog Archive>>