Sean Pica of Hudson Link Visits Nyack Students on Rockland Campus
The Criminal Justice Club (CJC) of Nyack College will welcome Sean Pica, executive director of Hudson Link for Higher Education in Prison back to the Rockland County campus, Thursday, November 10 at 6:00 p.m. in President’s Hall of Shuman Hall (185 South Highland Ave.) in Nyack, NY.
Pica, a 2001 alumnus of Nyack’s undergraduate degree in organizational management program at Sing Sing Prison is paying forward the power of education through his extraordinary outreach to the incarcerated and those preparing for re-entry into society through the work done by Hudson Link. (Learn more about the organization here.)
His tireless work today as an advocate for education and reduction of recidivism is showcased in the award-winning documentary, “Zero Percent,” which has been screened nationwide and at Nyack College and aired on HBO. He is a member of Governor Andrew Cuomo’s Council on Community Re-Entry and Reintegration. Sean was a MSNBC guest commentator on Pope Francis's visit to a Philadelphia prison during his U.S. tour. Pica has visited the White House to champion the Fair Chance Higher Education Pledge for inmates along with Nyack President Dr. Michael Scales and Provost Dr. David Turk as Nyack became a founding partner on this initiative. He also attended the inaugural convening of the Second Chance Pell Pilot Program in Washington, D.C. with Nyack representatives from the organizational management program and Student Financial Services.
Come hear Sean Pica share his transformational journey that so powerfully illustrates hope and redemption. All majors are welcome.
Learn more about Nyack’s Criminal Justice Program.
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2017 Seed to Harvest Seminar Hosted by Donna Baptiste Ministries
- '08 ATS Alumnus and Young Adults Pastor Adds Executive Director Role to Ministry
- Faculty Recital Features Dr. Tammy Lum
- Nyack Dean to Azusa Pacific Director: Coast to Coast Mentoring
- Nyack Warriors Basketball Podcast
- A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
- Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
- NOV 15: WMCA Radio 570AM Networking Breakfast at Nyack New York City Campus
- Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Nyack School of Music Students Perform at Market Street Mission
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Colloquium Series
- Prayer Summit 2017 With Dave Powers
- Browse Blog Archive>>