Sean Pica of Hudson Link Visits Nyack Students on Rockland Campus
The Criminal Justice Club (CJC) of Nyack College will welcome Sean Pica, executive director of Hudson Link for Higher Education in Prison back to the Rockland County campus, Thursday, November 10 at 6:00 p.m. in President’s Hall of Shuman Hall (185 South Highland Ave.) in Nyack, NY.
Pica, a 2001 alumnus of Nyack’s undergraduate degree in organizational management program at Sing Sing Prison is paying forward the power of education through his extraordinary outreach to the incarcerated and those preparing for re-entry into society through the work done by Hudson Link. (Learn more about the organization here.)
His tireless work today as an advocate for education and reduction of recidivism is showcased in the award-winning documentary, “Zero Percent,” which has been screened nationwide and at Nyack College and aired on HBO. He is a member of Governor Andrew Cuomo’s Council on Community Re-Entry and Reintegration. Sean was a MSNBC guest commentator on Pope Francis's visit to a Philadelphia prison during his U.S. tour. Pica has visited the White House to champion the Fair Chance Higher Education Pledge for inmates along with Nyack President Dr. Michael Scales and Provost Dr. David Turk as Nyack became a founding partner on this initiative. He also attended the inaugural convening of the Second Chance Pell Pilot Program in Washington, D.C. with Nyack representatives from the organizational management program and Student Financial Services.
Come hear Sean Pica share his transformational journey that so powerfully illustrates hope and redemption. All majors are welcome.
Learn more about Nyack’s Criminal Justice Program.
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Request for Prayer: Hurricane Maria Approaches Puerto Rico
- EMPOWER: Sixth Annual C&MA Certificate Program for Women Kicks Off
- Nyack College "Woman" Students Celebrated at Initiation Ceremony
- SEPT: 18-20 Stephen Fowler, Deeper Life Series Speaker
- SEPT 18: Interview of Building 429's Jason Roy to Re-air on WNYK 88FM
- Fall 2017 Colloquium Series Hosted by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement
- Nyack College on U.S. News & World Report 2018 #BestColleges List
- SEPT 28: Biblical Archaeology Society and Nyack's Center for The Study of Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins NYC Event
- Free Coney Island Concert Nyack's Damien Sneed with Gospel Great, Shirley Caesar
- Nyack Rockland Dean's Personal 9/11 Reflection
- ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
- UPDATE: ATS/Nyack Campus in Puerto Rico
- Diversity Matters: Race, Ethnicity, & The Future of Christian Higher Education
- Listening Party for ISAIAH VELEZ
- Jesus Week Appreciation Banquet, Sept. 7 @6:30 PM
- Youth Pastors Fellowship at Nyack College NYC
- Dan Bailey Named to the CACC Hall of Fame
- An NCLEX-RN Exam Victory for Class of 2017 Alumnae
- Nyack College - A Borderline Music Festival Sponsor
- Andrew Iwaskow, Nyack Alumnus Named Executive VP at Tailored Brands, Inc.
- Browse Blog Archive>>