Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
Carlos Cuestas (’09), Nyack School of Music New York City alumnus, was awarded the Presidential MAGNET Fellowship from the Graduate Center at City University of New York, where he is a student in the Ph.D. ethnomusicology program. He also received the Harrison Summer Grant for research which has taken him to Colombia to begin work on his dissertation.
Carlos is a member of the Son Jarocho Band Radio Jarocho, and Emericus Ensemble. He has been an adjunct professor at the Nyack College School of Music on the Manhattan campus for the past several years, teaching both guitar and Music Before 1750. He also conducts the Collegium Musicum.
Born in Colombia, Carlos began his guitar studies with renowned guitarist and composer Gentil Montaña. In addition to his degree from Nyack College, he earned a master’s degree in performance practice from Brooklyn College. Visit his website.
Upcoming performances include the following dates:
July 7: Concert with flutist Jenny Cline at the National Museum in Bogotá, Colombia
August 11 and 14: Performance at the Convention of the National Flute Association in San Diego, CA
October 13: Performance with Mexamorphosis at the Union City Performing Arts Center, Union City, NJ
October 14: CD Release of the Cline/Cuestas Duo at Drew University in Madison, NJ
October 22: Performance of the Concierto de Aranjuez with the Monmouth Symphony Orchestra, Red Bank, NJ
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>