Daniela Guirola (NC '15) Gives Music Project Proceeds to Guatemalan Non-Profit
Daniela Guirola, 2015 alumna of the Nyack New York City campus shares good news with her alma mater. She and fellow Guatemalan, Javier Samayoa, completed a recording project and video, Manquito (“little mango”) earlier this year. After the release, the duo headlined a special album release concert at the well-known venue Trova Jazz in Guatemala. Daniela explains that the recording, “focuses on exploring new sounds through various genres, bringing fresh music with bright lyrics and a positive, truthful message.”
Both left their homes in Guatemala at different times, but providentially their paths crossed in New York City. Javier studied music at Berklee College of Music in Boston and after graduation relocated with his band, Numasbala, to New York. Daniela came to Manhattan from Guatemala to study music at Nyack College. Their shared affinity for music and their love for God helped birth dynamic musical collaborations.
Using most online platforms to distribute their music (iTunes, Spotify, Deezer, Amazon play, and more), 50% of all income made through album sales will be donated to the non-profit organization, TECHO, in Santiago, Chile that fights extreme poverty in Latin America.
The two have been interviewed on several radio stations including Guatemala's Radio Romantica, FM 105.3 and on the popular talk show with host, Tuti Furlan.
Daniela and Javier are intentional about producing music “that will give people a reason to smile!”
Continued success to Daniela and Javier!
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- OCT 1: Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- OCT 2: GRAND OPENING for Cultivate Coffee
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- Countdown to Borderline Music Fest: Spotlight on Skerrit Bwoy
- TODAY: Fine Print Showcase at Bailey Library
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Request for Prayer: Hurricane Maria Approaches Puerto Rico
- EMPOWER: Sixth Annual C&MA Certificate Program for Women Kicks Off
- Nyack College "Woman" Students Celebrated at Initiation Ceremony
- SEPT: 18-20 Stephen Fowler, Deeper Life Series Speaker
- SEPT 18: Interview of Building 429's Jason Roy to Re-air on WNYK 88FM
- Fall 2017 Colloquium Series Hosted by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement
- Nyack College on U.S. News & World Report 2018 #BestColleges List
- SEPT 28: Biblical Archaeology Society and Nyack's Center for The Study of Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins NYC Event
- Free Coney Island Concert Nyack's Damien Sneed with Gospel Great, Shirley Caesar
- Nyack Rockland Dean's Personal 9/11 Reflection
- ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
- UPDATE: ATS/Nyack Campus in Puerto Rico
- Diversity Matters: Race, Ethnicity, & The Future of Christian Higher Education
- Browse Blog Archive>>