Daniela Guirola (NC '15) Gives Music Project Proceeds to Guatemalan Non-Profit
Daniela Guirola, 2015 alumna of the Nyack New York City campus shares good news with her alma mater. She and fellow Guatemalan, Javier Samayoa, completed a recording project and video, Manquito (“little mango”) earlier this year. After the release, the duo headlined a special album release concert at the well-known venue Trova Jazz in Guatemala. Daniela explains that the recording, “focuses on exploring new sounds through various genres, bringing fresh music with bright lyrics and a positive, truthful message.”
Both left their homes in Guatemala at different times, but providentially their paths crossed in New York City. Javier studied music at Berklee College of Music in Boston and after graduation relocated with his band, Numasbala, to New York. Daniela came to Manhattan from Guatemala to study music at Nyack College. Their shared affinity for music and their love for God helped birth dynamic musical collaborations.
Using most online platforms to distribute their music (iTunes, Spotify, Deezer, Amazon play, and more), 50% of all income made through album sales will be donated to the non-profit organization, TECHO, in Santiago, Chile that fights extreme poverty in Latin America.
The two have been interviewed on several radio stations including Guatemala's Radio Romantica, FM 105.3 and on the popular talk show with host, Tuti Furlan.
Daniela and Javier are intentional about producing music “that will give people a reason to smile!”
Continued success to Daniela and Javier!
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2017 Seed to Harvest Seminar Hosted by Donna Baptiste Ministries
- '08 ATS Alumnus and Young Adults Pastor Adds Executive Director Role to Ministry
- Faculty Recital Features Dr. Tammy Lum
- Nyack Dean to Azusa Pacific Director: Coast to Coast Mentoring
- Nyack Warriors Basketball Podcast
- A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
- Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
- NOV 15: WMCA Radio 570AM Networking Breakfast at Nyack New York City Campus
- Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Nyack School of Music Students Perform at Market Street Mission
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Colloquium Series
- Prayer Summit 2017 With Dave Powers
- Browse Blog Archive>>