Nyack Represented at Education Financing Forum
Access to an education that is academically excellent, globally engaged, intentionally diverse, personally transforming, and socially relevant is what Nyack College offers its students, more than 95% of whom receive some form of financial aid. A part of being good stewards in our ministry to the men and women who choose Nyack is staying current with the many facets of their college experience. Financial services is a vital part of the equation for students pursuing a degree program.
Recently Steve Phillips (above), Nyack’s Director of Student Financial Services was among a select group of administrators invited to attend a college finance forum at New York University (NYU) hosted by the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA) and the New York Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NYSFAAA)
Presenters at the forum included Executive Director of the College Promise Campaign and former U.S. Under Secretary for Education, Martha J, Kanter, who is a Senior Fellow of the Steinhardt Policy Institute for Higher Education at NYU.
An agenda rich with crucial information featured topics such as “Trends and Predictions in the Student Loan Market,” “Exploring the Intersection of Tuition and Federal Student Aid,” “Policy Perspectives: Reducing Student Indebtedness,” and “Institutional Role in Aiding Responsible Borrowing.”
Says Phillips, “It was an honor to represent Nyack at this forum on student loan debt. We recognize that college is expensive and we want to continue to do everything possible to help our students and their families reduce their debt burden. It was great to be part of an event like this with other like-minded people seeking to collaborate on how to best help our students."
Read more about this important forum here.
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>