Faculty Awarded Research Grants
Congratulations to the following recipients of 2007-2008 Faculty Research Grants, who will each receive a $4,000 grant this summer to complete the projects listed below.
Dr. Charles Awasu plans to write an article entitled, "The Social Dynamism of Informal Finance in Ghana."
Dr. Stephen Bailey plans to begin writing a book that would explore the potential for a new model for contextualization using some of the tools of postmodern philosophy.
Dr. Ron Belsterling plans to write two articles entitled, "Characteristics of Youth Workers which Relate to the Development of Attachment Relationships" and "Adolescent Attachment with Youth Workers."
Dr. Jan Dale plans to begin writing a book for Christian parents to help them understand their pre-school and elementary school children in light of brain development research.
Dr. John Laski plans to write an article entitled, "Corporate Debt Structures: Looking Back Ten Years."
Dr. Marie Kenote plans to write an article entitled, "Reflections in a Garden: A Musical Portrait of the Harmony of the Creative Spirit."
Dr. Stephen Maret plans to edit Frank Lake's book-length manuscript, "Mutual Caring" for Emeth Press.
Dr. Glen Shellrude plans to write an article entitled, "The Freedom of God in Mercy and Judgment: An Interpretation of Romans 9:6-23."
Dr. Paul Siu plans to write four articles on the criteria for an evangelical globalization of theology, an interactive study of Robert Schreiter's "The New Catholicity," the dynamic relationship of text and context, and an Asian perspective on the theology of suffering.
Dr. James Chin plans to write an article establishing the reliability of Craig Ellison's Psycho-Spiritual Needs Inventory.
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- Nyack College School of Music December Concerts
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Alumna Alyssa Cruz Presents on Technology-Infused and Data-Driven Lesson Planning
- #GivingTuesday for Nyack's Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico
- Three Nyack Warriors on 2017 Men's Soccer All-Academic Team
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>