A Phonathon Thank You
After interviewing and making the cut, students received training from Director of Development, Michael D. Scales and Advancement intern and former student caller, Andres Martinez, to qualify for participating in Phonathon 2007.
Melissa Hickey, Coordinator of Alumni Events and Services in the Office of Advancement announced the grand total of $43,457.00 raised by twenty-five students who made calls beginning Monday, February 19 through Thursday March 8. The three-week annual fundraiser gave callers the chance to speak with alumni, faculty, staff and major donors to make them aware of Nyack's 125th anniversary and to update records on file. A total of 594 pledges and 968 “will considers” were recorded, which will benefit the Student Support Fund.
For 14 nights, there were many occasions for students to engage in pleasant and encouraging conversations with people nationwide. The following diligent students participated: Monaye Allen, Janelle Austen, Molly Bartha, Parris Canty, Jamari Clarke, Tim Conway, Franchesca DeLeon, Josh Foley, Joyce Her, Janet Howard, Derrick Iniro, Kareem Mabry, Helena Mayrant, Shanequa Moore, Tiffany Mosely, Joshua North, Samuel Oduro, Shavee Palmer, Gina Rappa, Fara Saint-Fleur, Susan Santos, Orlando Suazo, Isaac Wade, Zakira Whitaker, and DeAngelo Williams. The Office of Advancement staff is proud of each student who followed through on the commitment to report on scheduled evenings.
A special thank you is extended to each person who took the time to speak with our students and for the generosity of those who made a pledge or are still considering the amount they will contribute. It was an encouragement to students who persuaded first-time givers to join the family of donors who believe in the mission of Nyack to equip and empower future leaders.
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- New York City Fish Count
- 2015 Empower Ceremony
- Browse Blog Archive>>