A Phonathon Thank You
After interviewing and making the cut, students received training from Director of Development, Michael D. Scales and Advancement intern and former student caller, Andres Martinez, to qualify for participating in Phonathon 2007.
Melissa Hickey, Coordinator of Alumni Events and Services in the Office of Advancement announced the grand total of $43,457.00 raised by twenty-five students who made calls beginning Monday, February 19 through Thursday March 8. The three-week annual fundraiser gave callers the chance to speak with alumni, faculty, staff and major donors to make them aware of Nyack's 125th anniversary and to update records on file. A total of 594 pledges and 968 “will considers” were recorded, which will benefit the Student Support Fund.
For 14 nights, there were many occasions for students to engage in pleasant and encouraging conversations with people nationwide. The following diligent students participated: Monaye Allen, Janelle Austen, Molly Bartha, Parris Canty, Jamari Clarke, Tim Conway, Franchesca DeLeon, Josh Foley, Joyce Her, Janet Howard, Derrick Iniro, Kareem Mabry, Helena Mayrant, Shanequa Moore, Tiffany Mosely, Joshua North, Samuel Oduro, Shavee Palmer, Gina Rappa, Fara Saint-Fleur, Susan Santos, Orlando Suazo, Isaac Wade, Zakira Whitaker, and DeAngelo Williams. The Office of Advancement staff is proud of each student who followed through on the commitment to report on scheduled evenings.
A special thank you is extended to each person who took the time to speak with our students and for the generosity of those who made a pledge or are still considering the amount they will contribute. It was an encouragement to students who persuaded first-time givers to join the family of donors who believe in the mission of Nyack to equip and empower future leaders.
- American Cancer Society Rates Nyack a Top-Ranking NY Institution With Tobacco-Free Policies
- Grace Prescriptions: Seminars for Healthcare Professionals at Nyack NYC
- December School of Music Concerts in Manhattan and in Rockland
- Nyack College Welcomes 2016 Leadership Rockland Cohort for Multi-cultural Communities Day
- Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Conference Proceedings Published
- Chad Needs Your Votes! (Every Day Until November 30)
- School of Education Authors Release Books on Self-Regulation
- Chelsea Geyer ('12) Director of DC127, a Colloquium Guest Speaker
- ATS Alum and Author, Dimas Salaberrios, in Paris
- New Partnership With An Old Friend: Pastor Lesly Milord
- Nyack's Brittany Cruz Heads to Practice With Women's Olympic Pre-National Team
- Reading the New Testament as Second Temple Jewish Literature
- Author Deb Hirsch of Missio Alliance at Nyack/ATS
- Nyack Salutes Our Nation's Veterans
- 7th Scholars Symposium: In Search of the Meaning of Work
- A Nyack College First: Student Cyber Security Team
- A Showcase of Academic Excellence: Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Fulbright Ambassador Brian Polkinghorn Visits Nyack College
- National Nursing Exam Scores on a Strong and Steady Rise
- Alumni of the Year Award Honorees Across the Decades
- Nyack on U.S. News & World Report 2016 Best Colleges Diversity List
- AWF President Visits Nyack/ATS Rockland
- MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
- Peter Irvine, 2015 School of Business and Leadership Keynote Speaker
- Official Statement in Response to Media Announced Law Suit
- Browse Blog Archive>>