A Phonathon Thank You
After interviewing and making the cut, students received training from Director of Development, Michael D. Scales and Advancement intern and former student caller, Andres Martinez, to qualify for participating in Phonathon 2007.
Melissa Hickey, Coordinator of Alumni Events and Services in the Office of Advancement announced the grand total of $43,457.00 raised by twenty-five students who made calls beginning Monday, February 19 through Thursday March 8. The three-week annual fundraiser gave callers the chance to speak with alumni, faculty, staff and major donors to make them aware of Nyack's 125th anniversary and to update records on file. A total of 594 pledges and 968 “will considers” were recorded, which will benefit the Student Support Fund.
For 14 nights, there were many occasions for students to engage in pleasant and encouraging conversations with people nationwide. The following diligent students participated: Monaye Allen, Janelle Austen, Molly Bartha, Parris Canty, Jamari Clarke, Tim Conway, Franchesca DeLeon, Josh Foley, Joyce Her, Janet Howard, Derrick Iniro, Kareem Mabry, Helena Mayrant, Shanequa Moore, Tiffany Mosely, Joshua North, Samuel Oduro, Shavee Palmer, Gina Rappa, Fara Saint-Fleur, Susan Santos, Orlando Suazo, Isaac Wade, Zakira Whitaker, and DeAngelo Williams. The Office of Advancement staff is proud of each student who followed through on the commitment to report on scheduled evenings.
A special thank you is extended to each person who took the time to speak with our students and for the generosity of those who made a pledge or are still considering the amount they will contribute. It was an encouragement to students who persuaded first-time givers to join the family of donors who believe in the mission of Nyack to equip and empower future leaders.
- Sept. 10: Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- Nyack School of Music Students to Perform at City Hall in Manhattan
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Important Info for Returning Nyack NYC and Rockland Students
- The Independent Sector Highlights Nyack's STEM Education Participation
- Dr. Leonard Kageler Receives YCL "World Changers Award"
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- Browse Blog Archive>>