A Phonathon Thank You
After interviewing and making the cut, students received training from Director of Development, Michael D. Scales and Advancement intern and former student caller, Andres Martinez, to qualify for participating in Phonathon 2007.
Melissa Hickey, Coordinator of Alumni Events and Services in the Office of Advancement announced the grand total of $43,457.00 raised by twenty-five students who made calls beginning Monday, February 19 through Thursday March 8. The three-week annual fundraiser gave callers the chance to speak with alumni, faculty, staff and major donors to make them aware of Nyack's 125th anniversary and to update records on file. A total of 594 pledges and 968 “will considers” were recorded, which will benefit the Student Support Fund.
For 14 nights, there were many occasions for students to engage in pleasant and encouraging conversations with people nationwide. The following diligent students participated: Monaye Allen, Janelle Austen, Molly Bartha, Parris Canty, Jamari Clarke, Tim Conway, Franchesca DeLeon, Josh Foley, Joyce Her, Janet Howard, Derrick Iniro, Kareem Mabry, Helena Mayrant, Shanequa Moore, Tiffany Mosely, Joshua North, Samuel Oduro, Shavee Palmer, Gina Rappa, Fara Saint-Fleur, Susan Santos, Orlando Suazo, Isaac Wade, Zakira Whitaker, and DeAngelo Williams. The Office of Advancement staff is proud of each student who followed through on the commitment to report on scheduled evenings.
A special thank you is extended to each person who took the time to speak with our students and for the generosity of those who made a pledge or are still considering the amount they will contribute. It was an encouragement to students who persuaded first-time givers to join the family of donors who believe in the mission of Nyack to equip and empower future leaders.
- OCT 18: Amasi Trio in Concert
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Browse Blog Archive>>