RELEASE: Fall 2016 New Degree in Gospel Music Performance Coming to Nyack NYC
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nyack College Manhattan Campus
Will Offer Gospel Performance Degree
Fall 2016 is the launch date for the
new undergraduate degree program
NEW YORK, NY—The New York State Education Department has approved a groundbreaking new Nyack College bachelor’s degree program in Gospel Music Performance, which will be offered for the first time in the fall 2016 semester at the Manhattan campus located at 2 Washington Street in Battery Park.
The 120-credit program includes core courses required of all Bachelor of Music degrees. The program’s courses include Gospel Music History, Worship Leading, Applied (private) Lessons in Gospel Music Performance, Gospel Instrumental Playing, Jazz/Gospel Music Harmony, and Gospel Music Improvisation and Arranging. These and supporting courses, such as Music Business and Music Technology, will be offered along with a strong classical background, including the Bible and Ministry minor.
Nyack’s new Gospel Touring Ensemble, founded by Prof. Darryl Jordan and under the direction of Prof. Willana Mack (pictured above), toured Italy in December. The dynamic group also recently performed in the chambers of the New York City Council.
Assistant Dean of the Nyack NYC School of Music, Dr. Sue Lane Talley adds, “We are thrilled with the opportunity and the visionary spirit of our administration who have made this exciting major happen for us. We are also very pleased that our educational accreditors recognize the value of such a program, which is unique among majors throughout the country.”
Celebrated guests lecturers are anticipated. Dr. Damien Sneed, vocal coach, conductor, composer and arranger, is Artist in Residence at Nyack's Manhattan campus, who teaches classes and provides private lessons. Through his involvement, Nyack's music program and its students have become known to popular gospel artists and venues.
For further information about Nyack’s Gospel Music degree program, please contact Ms. Autumn-Carol Nova, Nyack New York City School of Music administrator, at (646) 378-6188 or via email at Autumn.Nova@nyack.edu.
Read an exciting Washington Post article featuring Nyack's NYC School of Music here.
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Request for Prayer: Hurricane Maria Approaches Puerto Rico
- EMPOWER: Sixth Annual C&MA Certificate Program for Women Kicks Off
- Nyack College "Woman" Students Celebrated at Initiation Ceremony
- SEPT: 18-20 Stephen Fowler, Deeper Life Series Speaker
- SEPT 18: Interview of Building 429's Jason Roy to Re-air on WNYK 88FM
- Fall 2017 Colloquium Series Hosted by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement
- Nyack College on U.S. News & World Report 2018 #BestColleges List
- SEPT 28: Biblical Archaeology Society and Nyack's Center for The Study of Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins NYC Event
- Free Coney Island Concert Nyack's Damien Sneed with Gospel Great, Shirley Caesar
- Nyack Rockland Dean's Personal 9/11 Reflection
- ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
- UPDATE: ATS/Nyack Campus in Puerto Rico
- Diversity Matters: Race, Ethnicity, & The Future of Christian Higher Education
- Listening Party for ISAIAH VELEZ
- Jesus Week Appreciation Banquet, Sept. 7 @6:30 PM
- Youth Pastors Fellowship at Nyack College NYC
- Dan Bailey Named to the CACC Hall of Fame
- An NCLEX-RN Exam Victory for Class of 2017 Alumnae
- Nyack College - A Borderline Music Festival Sponsor
- Andrew Iwaskow, Nyack Alumnus Named Executive VP at Tailored Brands, Inc.
- In a World of Darkness: Light...and Love
- 2017 Top Online Colleges for Student Economic Mobility
- Browse Blog Archive>>