NYC Student Government Association Presents Black History Month Showcase
The Nyack College NYC Student Government Association (SGA) invites the community to attend a special chapel Thursday, February 18 at 5:15 p.m. on the Manhattan campus located at 2 Washington Street in room 2241. A Black History Month program will be presented.
SGA Secretary Landai Barnes (’16), a social work major (pictured), is the host of the event that will showcase moments in black history featuring inventor and creators. Garrett Augustus Morgan (traffic signal and gas mask); Elijah McCoy, (steam engine lubricator); Dr. Charles Richard Drew, surgeon (blood bank) and George Crum (potato chips) and their work will become familiar to our audience.
Living Waters Dance Ministry members, Damali Cooper and Jessica Leclere; guest spoken word artist, Leah James; and soloist Urshelle Luong will perform. James C. Powell will deliver a sermon.
For more information, contact the Office of Student Development at 212.625.0500, extension 6136.
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>