ATS Rockland "Alumnus of the Year," Rich Villodas
Rich Villodas (ATS, M.Div., '09) was the guest speaker at a special Alumni Chapel at ATS Rockland County on December 2, where he was also named “2015 Alumnus of the Year.” Pictured above (Hector Ramirez, president of ATS Alumni Association president; Jeff Quinn, vice president for college relations; Rich Villodas; and Ron Walborn, dean of ATS and College of Bible & Christian Ministry.)
Rich Villodas became the lead pastor at New Life Fellowship Church in Elmhurst, Queens on October 6, 2013, receiving the baton from Pete Scazzero, who planted New Life in Queens nearly three decades ago. This thriving ministry is a multi-racial, international church with more than 75 countries represented.
Born in the East New York section of Brooklyn, just 20 minutes from New Life, Pastor Villados was raised in an environment that would give him intimate knowledge of the urban context for ministry. A power encounter with God took place when as a teenager he and 15 of his family members came to faith in Jesus Christ on the same night in the same storefront church service.
His obedient response to the call to ministry led Rich to complete his bachelor’s degree at Nyack College in 2003 as a pastoral ministry and bible major and a Master of Divinity in theological studies from Alliance Theological Seminary in 2009. He has served in a number of outreach efforts to young adults and to the elderly; on community service projects for small groups; and with the Bowery Mission and All Angels, a food distribution ministry.
Nyack/ATS faculty, staff, and alumni applaud Rich for this latest well-earned recognition!
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2017 Seed to Harvest Seminar Hosted by Donna Baptiste Ministries
- '08 ATS Alumnus and Young Adults Pastor Adds Executive Director Role to Ministry
- Faculty Recital Features Dr. Tammy Lum
- Nyack Dean to Azusa Pacific Director: Coast to Coast Mentoring
- Nyack Warriors Basketball Podcast
- A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
- Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
- NOV 15: WMCA Radio 570AM Networking Breakfast at Nyack New York City Campus
- Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Nyack School of Music Students Perform at Market Street Mission
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Colloquium Series
- Prayer Summit 2017 With Dave Powers
- Browse Blog Archive>>