Official Statement in Response to Media Announced Law Suit
Since 1882, Nyack College has maintained a strong commitment to protecting the well-being of its students and creating a healthy learning environment.
On Friday, October 2, 2015 the New York Post provided Nyack College with a copy of a lawsuit purportedly filed against the College on behalf of one current softball player. The College has not been served with the lawsuit.
It is Nyack College’s policy not to comment on pending litigation particularly with respect to current students who have chosen to continue their academic and athletic careers at Nyack College.
From the time Nyack learned of these allegations and immediately terminated the coach, college personnel have fully cooperated with law enforcement authorities. All faculty and staff hired by the College are subjected to a rigorous background check including a check of sex offender databases.
We continue to keep those impacted in our prayers and ask that the privacy of these student athletes be respected.
Any additional questions can be addressed to:
Walter Sevastian, Esq.
3 Main Street, Suite 1
Nyack, NY 10960
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>