MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
Nyack College’s Alliance Graduate School of Counseling (AGSC) has been notified that the Master of Arts program in Mental Health Counseling is approved by the State Education Department to be offered fully online! This new three-year, 63-credit online licensure degree will launch in January 2016.
“This is groundbreaking in the state of New York!” declared Dr. Lisa Steiner, Nyack’s director of online graduate education (pictured above). "Of the hundreds of private and public institutions of higher education in New York that offer psychology programs, according to OnlinePyschologyDegrees.com, Nyack College is one of the first New York colleges to offer the master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling licensure degree in a distance education format."
Dr. Steiner further explained, “Through pursuing this degree, students will acquire a strong academic course of study which integrates the science of modern mental health with biblical truths, equipping them to engage both their faith and psychological principles in the healing process of self and others. This online degree will allow students to fit graduate level courses into their busy lifestyle from the comfort of their own homes or even while traveling, empowering them to earn a fee for professional service and pursue state licensure to increase their earning potential.”
AGSC is committed to prepare students for the role of mental health counselors who are emotionally mature, intellectually sound, and professionally competent. Being taught from a Christian worldview, this new degree opens up new opportunities for men and women in ministry around the world.
A special website for the online degree is under construction. To learn more about Alliance Graduate School of Counseling programs, click here.
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>