Nyack on U.S. News & World Report 2016 Best Colleges Diversity List
NYACK, NY--According to the U.S. News & World Report “2016 Best Colleges” ranking of ethnic diversity at regional universities in the north, Nyack College tied with CUNY-City College for second place with a 0.73, 1.0%.being the highest. (Read more here.)
Nearly 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students are taught in classrooms or online. The undergraduate enrollment is more than 1,700 with 37.9% male students and 62.1% female students. The graduate student population is 1,227, with nearly 800 studying at Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS). More than forty states, fifty-three countries, and over 70 denominations are represented in the student population.
In addition to its diverse student population, Nyack’s instructional faculty members are 57% male and 43% female with 19% African American;, 16% Latino; and 10% Asian. Of the administrative faculty, 60% are female; 40% are male; 9% are African American; and 4% are Asian.
Nyack College/ATS also offers diverse environments: a suburban 125-acre residential campus in New York’s Hudson Valley and a city campus in 166,385 square feet on eight floors of a 22-floor modern building in Lower Manhattan’s Battery Park area. The seminary’s extension site holds classes in two floors of a four-story building in scenic San Juan, Puerto Rico, where undergraduate and graduate degree program classes are taught in Spanish.
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>