RELEASE: Chronicle of Higher Ed Names Nyack a "2015 Great College to Work For"
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 20, 2015
Five Consecutive Years
Nyack College Is Named “A Great College to Work For”
by The Chronicle of Higher Education
Surveyed Employees Give Nyack “Two Thumbs Up”
NYACK, NY—The nation’s leading higher education periodical, The Chronicle of Higher Education, has named Nyack College a “Great College to Work For” for the fifth consecutive year. The College received high marks in the areas of work/life balance, respect and appreciation, compensation and benefits, and diversity.
The Year End Faculty and Staff Luncheon is a signature campus event that best reflects Nyack’s celebration of its employees each May. In addition to service awards for 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 or more years of employment, faculty and staff are celebrated with special recognition such Online Educator of the Year, Student Development Professional of the Year, Athletic Coach of the Year, Enrollment Services Associate of the Year, Faculty Award for Support of Information Literacy and Critical Thinking, and the Commitment to Mission Awards--to one faculty and one staff member.
Doctor of Ministry Dissertation Coordinator and Professor of Bible Dr. Frank Chan received the 2015 faculty Commitment to Mission Award. Employee love and loyalty for Nyack are perfectly summed up in Dr. Chan’s words. “When I got the invitation to teach at Nyack, it was like being asked to play for the Yankees--it was my ‘home team.’ The Commitment to Mission Award is a wonderful affirmation that I belong here.”
The Great Colleges program is one of the largest and most respected workplace recognition initiatives in our nation that showcases colleges for specific best practices and policies. Read more here.
For more information about Nyack College, visit www.nyack.edu.
Nyack College was founded in 1882 by Dr. Albert Benjamin Simpson and currently serves nearly 3,000 students in its undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degree programs. In addition to its suburban campus in Nyack, NY and a city campus in Manhattan’s historic Battery Park, an extension site is located in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Nyack is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and is chartered by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York.
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Request for Prayer: Hurricane Maria Approaches Puerto Rico
- EMPOWER: Sixth Annual C&MA Certificate Program for Women Kicks Off
- Nyack College "Woman" Students Celebrated at Initiation Ceremony
- SEPT: 18-20 Stephen Fowler, Deeper Life Series Speaker
- SEPT 18: Interview of Building 429's Jason Roy to Re-air on WNYK 88FM
- Fall 2017 Colloquium Series Hosted by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement
- Nyack College on U.S. News & World Report 2018 #BestColleges List
- SEPT 28: Biblical Archaeology Society and Nyack's Center for The Study of Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins NYC Event
- Free Coney Island Concert Nyack's Damien Sneed with Gospel Great, Shirley Caesar
- Nyack Rockland Dean's Personal 9/11 Reflection
- ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
- UPDATE: ATS/Nyack Campus in Puerto Rico
- Diversity Matters: Race, Ethnicity, & The Future of Christian Higher Education
- Listening Party for ISAIAH VELEZ
- Jesus Week Appreciation Banquet, Sept. 7 @6:30 PM
- Youth Pastors Fellowship at Nyack College NYC
- Dan Bailey Named to the CACC Hall of Fame
- An NCLEX-RN Exam Victory for Class of 2017 Alumnae
- Nyack College - A Borderline Music Festival Sponsor
- Andrew Iwaskow, Nyack Alumnus Named Executive VP at Tailored Brands, Inc.
- In a World of Darkness: Light...and Love
- 2017 Top Online Colleges for Student Economic Mobility
- Browse Blog Archive>>