RELEASE: Chronicle of Higher Ed Names Nyack a "2015 Great College to Work For"
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 20, 2015
Five Consecutive Years
Nyack College Is Named “A Great College to Work For”
by The Chronicle of Higher Education
Surveyed Employees Give Nyack “Two Thumbs Up”
NYACK, NY—The nation’s leading higher education periodical, The Chronicle of Higher Education, has named Nyack College a “Great College to Work For” for the fifth consecutive year. The College received high marks in the areas of work/life balance, respect and appreciation, compensation and benefits, and diversity.
The Year End Faculty and Staff Luncheon is a signature campus event that best reflects Nyack’s celebration of its employees each May. In addition to service awards for 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 or more years of employment, faculty and staff are celebrated with special recognition such Online Educator of the Year, Student Development Professional of the Year, Athletic Coach of the Year, Enrollment Services Associate of the Year, Faculty Award for Support of Information Literacy and Critical Thinking, and the Commitment to Mission Awards--to one faculty and one staff member.
Doctor of Ministry Dissertation Coordinator and Professor of Bible Dr. Frank Chan received the 2015 faculty Commitment to Mission Award. Employee love and loyalty for Nyack are perfectly summed up in Dr. Chan’s words. “When I got the invitation to teach at Nyack, it was like being asked to play for the Yankees--it was my ‘home team.’ The Commitment to Mission Award is a wonderful affirmation that I belong here.”
The Great Colleges program is one of the largest and most respected workplace recognition initiatives in our nation that showcases colleges for specific best practices and policies. Read more here.
For more information about Nyack College, visit www.nyack.edu.
Nyack College was founded in 1882 by Dr. Albert Benjamin Simpson and currently serves nearly 3,000 students in its undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degree programs. In addition to its suburban campus in Nyack, NY and a city campus in Manhattan’s historic Battery Park, an extension site is located in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Nyack is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and is chartered by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York.
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2017 Seed to Harvest Seminar Hosted by Donna Baptiste Ministries
- '08 ATS Alumnus and Young Adults Pastor Adds Executive Director Role to Ministry
- Faculty Recital Features Dr. Tammy Lum
- Nyack Dean to Azusa Pacific Director: Coast to Coast Mentoring
- Nyack Warriors Basketball Podcast
- A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
- Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
- NOV 15: WMCA Radio 570AM Networking Breakfast at Nyack New York City Campus
- Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Nyack School of Music Students Perform at Market Street Mission
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Colloquium Series
- Prayer Summit 2017 With Dave Powers
- Boxer Donut & Expresso Bar Owned by 2012 Nyack Alumnus, Eric Brown
- Browse Blog Archive>>