Fall 2015 Launch for School of Social Work's New MSW Program at Nyack
The Nyack College School of Social Work will launch its Master of Social Work (MSW) degree program with two concentrations—Clinical Social Work Practice and Leadership in Organizations and Communities this coming fall under the leadership of its director, Dr. Mayra Lopez-Humphreys (pictured above). The new program was approved last month by the New York State Education Department.
Says Dr. Lopez-Humphreys, "As the first Christian MSW graduate program in New York City, it is our vision that the work being done within our MSW program--whether in the classroom, through scholarship, or in service to the community--our faculty, staff and students will seek to create a better world through the vocation of social work. In doing so, we respond to and reflect the call to love our neighbors and become an “extraordinary force” that extends compassion and justice in the world."
Nyack's Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) and the process is underway for the master’s degree program.
Nyack’s 63-credit program is the first MSW offered by a Christian college in New York City. A one-year advanced standing option is available for students who enter with a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) from a CSWE-accredited program within seven years of graduation and who meet admissions requirements.
Review the requirements, the curriculum, the student handbook and more information here.
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2017 Seed to Harvest Seminar Hosted by Donna Baptiste Ministries
- '08 ATS Alumnus and Young Adults Pastor Adds Executive Director Role to Ministry
- Faculty Recital Features Dr. Tammy Lum
- Nyack Dean to Azusa Pacific Director: Coast to Coast Mentoring
- Nyack Warriors Basketball Podcast
- A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
- Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
- NOV 15: WMCA Radio 570AM Networking Breakfast at Nyack New York City Campus
- Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Nyack School of Music Students Perform at Market Street Mission
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Colloquium Series
- Prayer Summit 2017 With Dave Powers
- Boxer Donut & Expresso Bar Owned by 2012 Nyack Alumnus, Eric Brown
- Browse Blog Archive>>