Nursing School Students Volunteer at Walter Hoving Home
Summer break doesn’t pre-empt serving for Nyack College students. In fact, you’ll find a growing number of our nursing students volunteering monthly at the Walter Hoving Home in Garrison, New York as a part of their community health experience.
After volunteering at the Home herself, Nursing School Dean Elizabeth Simon, recognized this opportunity as a great learning experience for her students and soon worked on an affiliation agreement. Dr. Simon recently took students (pictured above) Natasha Hines and Melissa Moore with her to provide general examinations for the residents of the Home.
For nearly 50 years the Walter Hoving Home, funded by private tax-deductible donations, has provided shelter, food, a work program, and a course of study that offers life skills in a faith-based environment. Three all-female facilities located in New York, California, and Nevada, help restore lives that were nearly destroyed by substance abuse, prostitution, and other oppressive circumstances. It is named after the major benefactor who helped establish the Home, the former CEO of Tiffany & Company.
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>