Lauren Lebo, NCAA Division II Lacrosse Champ
Nyack College women's lacrosse midfielder Lauren Lebo has been named the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division II statistical champion in women's lacrosse for most draw controls per game in the final statistics for the 2015 season. (The draw control stat is used to measure the ability of a team to control the start or restart of play.) Lebo averaged 7.24 draw controls per game with an overall tally of 123 in 17 games.
Lauren is Nyack's first statistical champion in lacrosse since the sport’s inaugural season launched in 2013. During Lebo's exceptional junior year, she was credited with a game high of 24 draw controls against Chowan University while also notching a season best nine goals to lead the Warriors to their first victory on the 2015 campaign (23-14).
As a team, Nyack holds a fifth place ranking in the nation with 15.53 draw controls per game. Lebo led the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) Top 10 in categories of goals, assists, points, and shots; and is ranked in the nation 43rd for goals (50.0) and 48th for goals per game (2.94).
A two-time second team All-CACC selection, Lebo scored 50 goals and led Nyack with 14 assists this past season. She was a three-year starter and has finished her career to date with 147 goals, 19 assists, 103 ground balls, 316 draw controls and 42 caused turnovers.
Lebo is pursuing a bachelor’s degree in nursing as she enters her final season at Nyack.
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Browse Blog Archive>>