Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
Friday, April 24 at 8:00 p.m. and Sunday, April 26 at 3:00 p.m. enjoy two performances directed by Prof. Shelley Jameson— in Nyack College’s Pardington Hall, 45 South Boulevard on the Rockland County campus. Nyack’s Opera Workshop students have been preparing all year to delight audiences with two-one act operas by Puccini.
School of Music’s Jenn Scott says, "Suor Angelica" (Sister Angelica), the title role played by soprano, Qian Ye, will grab your heartstrings as she longs to be reunited with the son she was forced to give up at infancy. Set in the 1400s at a convent, Suor Angelica is a tale of loss and redemption.”
She describes the second opera as, “the hysterical Gianni Schicchi set in modern times. This is a tale of greed and deceit...a family at war with each other over who will inherit the estate of the deceased Buoso Donati, portrayed flawlessly by Aaron Campbell. The title role is played by Jamal Sarikoki (baritone) and the famous "O Mio Bambino Caro" will be sung by Hannah Miele (soprano).
Admission is free! All are welcome!
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>