Nyack College Honors Rockland County Pastor
On Friday, January 12, the college will conduct its annual Social Justice Day chapel service at 10:00 am in Bowman Gym. This will be followed by a luncheon honoring local pastor, Rev. Louis Sanders (pictured at left with Nyack student), of St. Charles A.M.E. Church in Sparkill, NY.
The 12:30 p.m. luncheon will be held in President’s Hall at Shuman, when college administrators and staff along with community and local officials will recognize Rev. Sanders and his outstanding leadership and legacy of service to the Rockland County community.
A native of Plymouth, NC, Rev. Sanders received his undergraduate degree in social science from North Carolina A&T State University, Master of Arts and Master of Science degrees from the City University of New York and a Master of Divinity degree from Union Theological Seminary in
Following a move to New York in 1968, he began teaching for the Tuckahoe Board of Education and remained until his retirement nearly 30 years later. A former reserve chaplain in the United States Air Force until 2003 when he retired with the rank of Lt. Colonel, Rev. Sanders is a past president of the Rockland County Ministerial Alliance and currently serves on several board including, Rockland County Headstart, Rockland County Girl Scout Council, the Fresh Start Foundation, and the Francis Ellis Academy in Ghana.
Seating is limited in President’s Hall. For ticket information on the January 12 luncheon, contact the Student Development Office at 845.358.1710, ext. 370 and for directions visit, www.nyack.edu.
- Nyack College Partners With the Luis Palau Evangelistic Association
- Vote for Nyack's Joel Pompa, Young Christian Leaders Scholarship Nominee
- Friday, Jan. 30: Andrew Palau at Nyack College Rockland
- February 9: Andrew White in Concert at Nyack College Rockland
- Photographer Babita Patel Captures the Spirit of Nyack's Hudson Link Graduation
- C&MA Metro District Grant Supports Training for Emerging Leaders at Nyack/ATS
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Browse Blog Archive>>