Nyack College Honors Rockland County Pastor
On Friday, January 12, the college will conduct its annual Social Justice Day chapel service at 10:00 am in Bowman Gym. This will be followed by a luncheon honoring local pastor, Rev. Louis Sanders (pictured at left with Nyack student), of St. Charles A.M.E. Church in Sparkill, NY.
The 12:30 p.m. luncheon will be held in President’s Hall at Shuman, when college administrators and staff along with community and local officials will recognize Rev. Sanders and his outstanding leadership and legacy of service to the Rockland County community.
A native of Plymouth, NC, Rev. Sanders received his undergraduate degree in social science from North Carolina A&T State University, Master of Arts and Master of Science degrees from the City University of New York and a Master of Divinity degree from Union Theological Seminary in
Following a move to New York in 1968, he began teaching for the Tuckahoe Board of Education and remained until his retirement nearly 30 years later. A former reserve chaplain in the United States Air Force until 2003 when he retired with the rank of Lt. Colonel, Rev. Sanders is a past president of the Rockland County Ministerial Alliance and currently serves on several board including, Rockland County Headstart, Rockland County Girl Scout Council, the Fresh Start Foundation, and the Francis Ellis Academy in Ghana.
Seating is limited in President’s Hall. For ticket information on the January 12 luncheon, contact the Student Development Office at 845.358.1710, ext. 370 and for directions visit, www.nyack.edu.
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Browse Blog Archive>>