Denise Lewis Patrick, Award-Winning Author and Nyack Adjunct, Presents Connected Souls
Nyack’s Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement, the Office of Student Development, and the College of Arts and Sciences cordially invite you to attend a special Colloquium session celebrating Black History Month on Thursday, February 19, 2015 at Nyack’s Manhattan campus located at 2 Washington Street in Room 2241 at 4:00 p.m. Ms. Denise Lewis Patrick, awarding-winning author and Nyack College adjunct professor (pictured above), will present “Connected Souls: How (our) Life Stories Resonate Across Time, Races and Places.”
Ms. Patrick is also the co-author of young adult historical fiction for the tremendously successful American Girl book series about a character, Cecile Amelie Rey, a free girl of color in 1850's New Orleans. Her book, A Matter of Souls, was named one of the Best Teen Books of 2014 by Kirkus Review, a national leading book review journal.
Prof. Patrick teaches Fundamentals of Writing and Critical Thinking for Nyack’s Division of Student Success.
Admission to this campus event is free.
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>