Damien Sneed, NYC Music Faculty, in PBS Documentary on Work by Wynton Marsalis
Damien Sneed, Nyack College New York City campus School of Music faculty member, has added yet another outstanding accomplishment to an already astounding list: He appears in a new documentary telling the story of jazz great Wynton Marsalis and the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra’s 2013 performance of "Abyssinian Mass" in Charlotte at Friendship Missionary Baptist Church. Sneed, who has collaborated with Marsalis on other projects, was conductor of the work written in honor of the 200th anniversary of Harlem’s historic Abyssinian Baptist Church.
The film, “Everyone Has a Place,” premiered on Charlotte, NC’s PBS station, WTVI and was produced by the Knight Foundation, a benefactor of innovative journalism and art. The Foundation hopes to bring the film to other PBS stations nationwide.
Click here to view the trailer. Sneed, who has been a Nyack NYC music faculty member since 2014, (wearing plaid jacket and purple tie), was a recipient of the Sphinx Medal of Excellence for emerging black and Latino classical musicians. He teaches Applied Piano, Ear Training, and Sight Singing at Nyack.
March 3: Damien Sneed featuring the Levites will release a new double disc project, "Broken to Minister: The Deluxe Edition." His new single, "Forever," is an uptempo worship song. Sneed's label, LeChateau Earl Records, has a new worldwide distribution deal with Central South of Nashville, TN.
April 16: Damien Sneed makes his Carnegie Hall conducting debut in the Wynton Marsalis' “Abyssinian 200: A Celebration.”
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2017 Seed to Harvest Seminar Hosted by Donna Baptiste Ministries
- '08 ATS Alumnus and Young Adults Pastor Adds Executive Director Role to Ministry
- Faculty Recital Features Dr. Tammy Lum
- Nyack Dean to Azusa Pacific Director: Coast to Coast Mentoring
- Nyack Warriors Basketball Podcast
- A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
- Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
- NOV 15: WMCA Radio 570AM Networking Breakfast at Nyack New York City Campus
- Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Nyack School of Music Students Perform at Market Street Mission
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Colloquium Series
- Prayer Summit 2017 With Dave Powers
- Browse Blog Archive>>