Damien Sneed, NYC Music Faculty, in PBS Documentary on Work by Wynton Marsalis
Damien Sneed, Nyack College New York City campus School of Music faculty member, has added yet another outstanding accomplishment to an already astounding list: He appears in a new documentary telling the story of jazz great Wynton Marsalis and the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra’s 2013 performance of "Abyssinian Mass" in Charlotte at Friendship Missionary Baptist Church. Sneed, who has collaborated with Marsalis on other projects, was conductor of the work written in honor of the 200th anniversary of Harlem’s historic Abyssinian Baptist Church.
The film, “Everyone Has a Place,” premiered on Charlotte, NC’s PBS station, WTVI and was produced by the Knight Foundation, a benefactor of innovative journalism and art. The Foundation hopes to bring the film to other PBS stations nationwide.
Click here to view the trailer. Sneed, who has been a Nyack NYC music faculty member since 2014, (wearing plaid jacket and purple tie), was a recipient of the Sphinx Medal of Excellence for emerging black and Latino classical musicians. He teaches Applied Piano, Ear Training, and Sight Singing at Nyack.
March 3: Damien Sneed featuring the Levites will release a new double disc project, "Broken to Minister: The Deluxe Edition." His new single, "Forever," is an uptempo worship song. Sneed's label, LeChateau Earl Records, has a new worldwide distribution deal with Central South of Nashville, TN.
April 16: Damien Sneed makes his Carnegie Hall conducting debut in the Wynton Marsalis' “Abyssinian 200: A Celebration.”
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>