Kathy Schwarz, First 2015 Nyack Critical Reads Presenter
Katherine Schwarz, MS, MPH, will be the first 2015 featured presenter for the Nyack College Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) Critical Reads Colloquium Series on Wednesday, February 4, from 4:00 to 5:15 p.m. in Shuman Hall/President’s Hall on the Rockland County campus. The text Ms. Schwarz will discuss is Lester Brown’s book, World on the Edge: How to Prevent Environmental and Economic Collapse.
An environmental educator, Kathy Schwarz, (pictured above center) offers an international perspective after spending two years in sub-Saharan Africa where she focused on food security and HIV/AIDS. She is a faculty member at Lehman College and New York Medical College where she teaches nutrition education and food security.
For more information about upcoming CSGE events, phone (845) 675-4582 or email Center_Scholarship@nyack.edu.
ABOUT THE COLLOQUIUM SERIES
The objective of the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) Colloquium Series is to nurture an atmosphere where undergraduate and graduate students as well as faculty can join in meaningful discussions about relevant global, national, and local issues. Through this series, members of our broader community can learn about the current research efforts of our faculty. This spring semester, the "Critical Reads on Environemental Sustainability," will feature monthly lectures on select readings presented by professors and practitioners in the field of global sustainability.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>