Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
Nyack-Valley Cottage Little League (NVCLL) is comprised of a group of amazing families who love baseball.
NVCLL Vice-President and Majors Manager Keith Davie is also the Athletic Director and Men’s Soccer Coach at Nyack College. In August he took his soccer team to Mexico to run sports clinics and hand out soccer equipment to the kids in the Cancun area. While there, it was very obvious that soccer was the little brother to baseball and the people wanted to have baseball clinics similar to the Nyack soccer clinics.
January 13-20, 2015 Coach Davie will take the Nyack College Baseball team to Mexico where they will run clinics for over 750 kids in a little less than seven days! What was obvious during the last visit was that most of the kids did not have equipment suitable for the game that they love.
Here’s how you can help.
Many of children have had baseball gloves that they no longer use and despite their slightly worn condition. Those gloves are better than the bare hands that the kids in Mexico use. Please take some time to go through the baseball gear you might have in your home and donate those old gloves that the Nyack College Baseball team can give to the kids during the clinics. The impact is nearly immeasurable because these kids usually have very few things they could call their own.
If you would like to donate baseball gloves, there is a donation box inside the Nyack College Gymnasium (1 South Boulevard, Nyack, NY) where you can drop them. There will also be a box outside of the Liberty Field concession stand (Liberty Elementary School, Valley Cottage, NY). If you would rather deliver them to Coach Davie personally, please phone him at 845-304-9120.
The goal is to take several hundred gloves to Mexico when the Nyack team leaves in January. Won’t you help the Nyack College effort to reach that goal?
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Request for Prayer: Hurricane Maria Approaches Puerto Rico
- EMPOWER: Sixth Annual C&MA Certificate Program for Women Kicks Off
- Nyack College "Woman" Students Celebrated at Initiation Ceremony
- SEPT: 18-20 Stephen Fowler, Deeper Life Series Speaker
- SEPT 18: Interview of Building 429's Jason Roy to Re-air on WNYK 88FM
- Fall 2017 Colloquium Series Hosted by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement
- Nyack College on U.S. News & World Report 2018 #BestColleges List
- SEPT 28: Biblical Archaeology Society and Nyack's Center for The Study of Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins NYC Event
- Free Coney Island Concert Nyack's Damien Sneed with Gospel Great, Shirley Caesar
- Nyack Rockland Dean's Personal 9/11 Reflection
- ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
- UPDATE: ATS/Nyack Campus in Puerto Rico
- Diversity Matters: Race, Ethnicity, & The Future of Christian Higher Education
- Listening Party for ISAIAH VELEZ
- Jesus Week Appreciation Banquet, Sept. 7 @6:30 PM
- Youth Pastors Fellowship at Nyack College NYC
- Dan Bailey Named to the CACC Hall of Fame
- An NCLEX-RN Exam Victory for Class of 2017 Alumnae
- Nyack College - A Borderline Music Festival Sponsor
- Andrew Iwaskow, Nyack Alumnus Named Executive VP at Tailored Brands, Inc.
- Browse Blog Archive>>