Fifth Year Anniversary at NCDC
Patricia Johnson, Associate Dean at the Nyack DC campus, welcomed administrators, faculty, staff, students, and alumni to a celebration marking the fifth anniversary of the Nyack extension site in the nation’s capitol. Festivities were held at Johnny’s Half Shell ia NW Washington, DC restaurant, where the milestone event also honored President Michael G. Scales as the new leader of Nyack College Corporation.
Dr. Scales delivered an encouraging keynote address at the November 17 event, where the group was refreshed and refocused on the rich legacy of the college’s past, accomplishments of the present, and the unexplored possibilities for the future.
Associate Dean Johnson and Director of Admissions, George Hairston were also speakers. Three students who shared testimonies on the importance of NCDC to their professional and personal lives included, Bruce Dreisbach, author and entrepreneur; Felix Garcia, an ADCP student; and Marsha Stephens Hurd, a Biblical Studies major.
Several alumni and friends of Nyack, including Nyack Board of Trustees member Paul Glenn and his wife, Margaret; Executive Vice President of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU), Dr. Richard Gathro and his wife Kathy; Serge and Donna Duss; Tony Jastro; and Student Assistant to the President’s Office, Charles Galbreath, a 2006 Nyack graduate and current ATS student, attended the dinner.
- Remembering Robin Luce
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- MAY 31: Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating the School of Nursing's "Surviving Six"
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- The Nyack College Fishing Club's Big Catch
- Non-Profit Awards Dr. Jackie Washington Fellowship for Ecology Project in Costa Rica
- Seventh Year for Woman...Rite of Passage Ceremony
- Meet the 2017-2018 NYC Campus Student Government Officers
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Browse Blog Archive>>