Nyack Graduate Librettist for Opera, The Outlaw and the King
Nyack alumnus David Herrstrom (’68) has written the libretto for an opera by Mark Zuckerman, which will be presented at Rutgers University on Friday, December 15, 7:30 PM. Act I of the two-act The Outlaw and the King, centered on the relationship of King Saul, David, and Jonathan, will be performed by the Opera Workshop at the Mason Gross School of the Arts, Rutgers University, Schare Recital Hall, Maryott Music Building in New Brunswick, NJ.
If you’re interested in seeing The Outlaw and the King but can’t make the performance Friday, you may attend the dress rehearsal at 5:30 PM the previous evening, Thursday, December 14. For more information, including the libretto and bios of the singers, go to http://www.mazicmusic.com/OutlawAndKing.htm.
Admission is free. For directions, visit www.masongross.rutgers.edu
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Browse Blog Archive>>