Nyack Alumna in Remake of Tony-Award Winning "Dreamgirls"
Nyack Communications alumna, Markita Prescott, will appear in a remake of Dreamgirls, the Tony Award-winning Broadway musical. A limited run will be presented at the Kumble Theatre for the Performing Arts at the Long Island University campus on the corner of DeKalb and Flatbush Avenue in Brooklyn.
A May 2006 graduate, Markita is no stranger to the stage or the camera. She has appeared on the long-running television series, The Cosby Show and in many nationally aired television commercials, as well as in off-Broadway productions.
Tony Award winning actor Ben Harney, who co-starred in the original Broadway show, is the director. The seven performances are presented by BAMSS (By All Means Save Some) Theatre Works, a group established as “a concept combining multiple disciplines of theatre with biblical principles in workshop settings to develop vibrant creative community and an understanding of how to serve it.”
Show dates and times are:
November 17 at 7:30 p.m.
November 18 at 2:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
November 24 at 7:30 p.m.
November 25 at 2:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
November 26 at 5:00 p.m.
Tickets are $49; students and seniors with ID, $39; VIP seating with pre-show reception for opening night on Saturday, November 18, $100. For more information, phone the box office at 718.488.1624 or visit www.kumbletheatre.org
- OCT 18: Amasi Trio in Concert
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Browse Blog Archive>>