Bloomberg Radio Hosts MBA Program Reception
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Wednesday October 18, 2006
Dr. George Stratis (c) and Dr. John Laski (r)
Eighty Nyack College MBA students, MBA alumni, and upper level Business students along with faculty attended a reception at the impressive Bloomberg Building in New York City this month. Dr. John Laski, MBA Program Director, welcomed the group. Lorin Agerstrand from Bloomberg Radio presented information about job opportunities.
Bloomberg 1130 (WBBR-AM) is a 24-hour digital all-news radio station that can be heard throughout the New York, New Jersey and Connecticut area. The station broadcasts world, national and local news with a focus on business and financial markets. Dr. George Stratis, Dean of the School of Business, introduced the guest speaker, Mr. Tom Keene, host of “Bloomberg on the Economy” who addressed issues on globalization.
The evening provided the students invaluable industry exposure with Bloomberg recruiters on hand. Further the event gave this sector of the business industry an opportunity to meet young men and women who are being trained to impact the marketplace with a values-based, quality education.
Dr. Laski said, “It was a wonderful evening--top shelf, great speaker, an all-around great event!
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- Browse Blog Archive>>