Nyack College Remembers the Late John Lawrence Seigenthaler
The life of John Lawrence Seigenthaler, former CEO and chairman emeritus of The Tennessean, a Nashville morning newspaper, was celebrated at a public funeral service this morning at the Cathedral of the Incarnation in Nashville. On Friday, July 11, at the age of 86, Mr. Seigenthaler passed away peacefully at home surrounded by his family.
In 2012, Nyack College President Michael Scales welcomed Mr. Seigenthaler to Rockland County as the keynote speaker for the college's annual Social Justice Day Luncheon (Click here.) Pictured above are (l-r), Dr. Scales, Mr. Seigenthaler, and his son, John Michael Seigenthaler, Al Jazeera America television anchor.
The Nyack College campus community remembers Mr. Seigenthaler’s tremendous contributions to the field of journalism, to the civil rights movement, and to the protection of the First Amendment.
Our prayers and condolences are with the Seigenthaler family.
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Tournament Luncheon Speaker
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Browse Blog Archive>>