Nyack College Remembers the Late John Lawrence Seigenthaler
The life of John Lawrence Seigenthaler, former CEO and chairman emeritus of The Tennessean, a Nashville morning newspaper, was celebrated at a public funeral service this morning at the Cathedral of the Incarnation in Nashville. On Friday, July 11, at the age of 86, Mr. Seigenthaler passed away peacefully at home surrounded by his family.
In 2012, Nyack College President Michael Scales welcomed Mr. Seigenthaler to Rockland County as the keynote speaker for the college's annual Social Justice Day Luncheon (Click here.) Pictured above are (l-r), Dr. Scales, Mr. Seigenthaler, and his son, John Michael Seigenthaler, Al Jazeera America television anchor.
The Nyack College campus community remembers Mr. Seigenthaler’s tremendous contributions to the field of journalism, to the civil rights movement, and to the protection of the First Amendment.
Our prayers and condolences are with the Seigenthaler family.
- SEPT. 18: Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack College
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Browse Blog Archive>>