Nyack College Venue for County Legislature's Forum
Nyack College Rockland's Shuman Hall was the venue for a gathering hosted by Alden H. Wolfe, Rockland County Legislature chairman. Mr. Wolfe (pictured above at podium) conducted a forum, “Destination Rockland: Blazing New Trails in Tourism” on community preparation for the expected increase in tourism that will result from the new Tappan Zee Bridge and pedestrian walkway.
“It’s appropriate to have a discussion on tourism at a college,” said Wolfe, “because campuses are in many ways the gateway for newcomers to come and connect to our community. We really appreciate Nyack College’s hospitality and the part they played in today’s program. ”
Elected officials who attended the meeting in President's Hall, a popular campus site overlooking the Hudson River and the Tappan Zee Bridge, included Congresswoman Nita Lowey, Legislators Harriet Cornell and Nancy Low-Hogan, as well as representatives from the offices of Governor Andrew Cuomo and Senator Kirsten Gillibrand. They were joined by local business owners, leaders of non-profit organizations, and members of the Chamber of Commerce.
Click here to read the Journal News coverage of the meeting.
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- English Chairman Announces Publication of Fine Print
- Career Talk on Banking at Nyack College Rockland
- RELEASE: Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary Commencement 2015
- School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
- 2016 Global Service-Learning Trips For Nyack Students
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Winners
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Pianist Johnny Walsh In Concert on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Music Students Minister at Morristown's Market Street Mission
- ATS Colloquium On State and Religion: The Case of Israel
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Browse Blog Archive>>