Alliance World Fellowship Committee Meets at Nyack/ATS Rockland
Nyack College/ATS recently hosted the biennial meeting of the Alliance World Fellowship’s (AWF) International Committee on Theological Education (ICTE) on Nyack’s Rockland County, NY campus. Pictured above at the gravesite of Dr. A.B. Simpson, founder of The Christian & Missionary Alliance and Missionary Training Institute (Nyack College) are (l-r) Rev. Dr. Charbel Malak, academic dean of Christian Alliance Institute of Theology, Lebanon, pastor of Haret El Ballaneh Alliance Church; Rev. Dr. Walter Perez, director of Instituto Biblico Buenos Aires, Argentina, senior pastor of the Alliance Church in Vicente Lopez, Buenos Aires, Argentina; Dr. Levi P. Quir, national executive minister, Division of General and Theological Education, Christian and Missionary Alliance, the Philippines; Dr. Ronald Walborn, dean of Alliance Theological Seminary and the College of Bible and Christian Ministry, Nyack College; Dr. Miguel Palomino, chair of the AWF-ICTE, president of Facultad Teologica de Latin Americana; Dr. Arie Verduijn, president of Alliance World Fellowship, Dr. Bernie A. Van De Walle, Ph.D., professor of Historical and Systematic Theology, Theology Area Convenor, Ambrose University College; and Dr. Tona Khonde, general director (president) of the Complex of Theological Training of Bethel, Gabon.
The Alliance World Fellowship is organized in five regions: Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe/Middle-East, North-America, and Latin America. The International Committee on Theological Education focuses on issues related to theological education, theology, and critical challenges facing ministers and churches and advises the AWF on key theological matters.
Biennial meetings are held in the various locations where ICTE members serve. The last one was in Abidjan; the next will be in Manila. During their visit to New York, they visited a number of historical sites affiliated with the C&MA. They also worshipped at Clarendon Road Church in Brooklyn, pastored by Nyack College (2006) and Alliance Theological Seminary (2009) alumnus, Rev. Charles Galbreath.
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>