Alliance World Fellowship Committee Meets at Nyack/ATS Rockland
Nyack College/ATS recently hosted the biennial meeting of the Alliance World Fellowship’s (AWF) International Committee on Theological Education (ICTE) on Nyack’s Rockland County, NY campus. Pictured above at the gravesite of Dr. A.B. Simpson, founder of The Christian & Missionary Alliance and Missionary Training Institute (Nyack College) are (l-r) Rev. Dr. Charbel Malak, academic dean of Christian Alliance Institute of Theology, Lebanon, pastor of Haret El Ballaneh Alliance Church; Rev. Dr. Walter Perez, director of Instituto Biblico Buenos Aires, Argentina, senior pastor of the Alliance Church in Vicente Lopez, Buenos Aires, Argentina; Dr. Levi P. Quir, national executive minister, Division of General and Theological Education, Christian and Missionary Alliance, the Philippines; Dr. Ronald Walborn, dean of Alliance Theological Seminary and the College of Bible and Christian Ministry, Nyack College; Dr. Miguel Palomino, chair of the AWF-ICTE, president of Facultad Teologica de Latin Americana; Dr. Arie Verduijn, president of Alliance World Fellowship, Dr. Bernie A. Van De Walle, Ph.D., professor of Historical and Systematic Theology, Theology Area Convenor, Ambrose University College; and Dr. Tona Khonde, general director (president) of the Complex of Theological Training of Bethel, Gabon.
The Alliance World Fellowship is organized in five regions: Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe/Middle-East, North-America, and Latin America. The International Committee on Theological Education focuses on issues related to theological education, theology, and critical challenges facing ministers and churches and advises the AWF on key theological matters.
Biennial meetings are held in the various locations where ICTE members serve. The last one was in Abidjan; the next will be in Manila. During their visit to New York, they visited a number of historical sites affiliated with the C&MA. They also worshipped at Clarendon Road Church in Brooklyn, pastored by Nyack College (2006) and Alliance Theological Seminary (2009) alumnus, Rev. Charles Galbreath.
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- NOV 19: Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- Browse Blog Archive>>