Nyack College Social Work Major Receives NPRDP Scholarship
Selene Gonzalez, a Nyack College social work major studying at the Rockland County campus was awarded a National Puerto Rican Day Parade Scholarship (NPRDP) at the annual Leadership & Scholarship Banquet held at the beautiful Villa Barone Manor in the Bronx last month. She was also included in a feature about the event in QueensLatino. Click here to read the article (in Spanish).
Faculty, staff, and friends of Nyack College who attended the annual banquet (pictured left to right) were Adalberto DeJesus, pastor of Crotona Church of God (Selene's pastor); Dr. Sue Talley, director of Nyack's NYC School of Music; Dr. Dana Talley, Nyack College Professor of Music; Peter Garcia, father of the scholarship recipient; Selene Gonzalez, 2014 scholarship recipient; Elizabeth Cardona, Nyack 2009 Psychology alumna; Dr. Kwi Yun, program director of Nyack’s department of social work; Lisette Robinson, Nyack College, Office of the Registrar; Adrianne Garcia, Nyack College, Office of the Registrar; and Dr. Fernando Arzola Jr., Nyack’s Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences.
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Browse Blog Archive>>