Nyack's Dr. Steve Notley on Archaeological Survey in Israel
Dr. R. Steven Notley, (pictured above, second from left) Nyack’s director of Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins, was in Israel as a part of an archaeological survey of the possible site of first century Bethsaida. (Read the attached release from Khirbet el-Araj Press.)
Dr. Notley said, “I have been in the thick of this argument for over ten years and it was good to be on site. I fully expect that the results of the survey will lead to a full-blown archaeological excavation.” His hope is to have Nyack students involved.
When the story broke about the exchange between Pope Francis and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on the language that Jesus spoke, Notley was asked to write an op-ed piece for The Times of Israel. (Click here to read the article.) His published piece attracted attention and Dr. Notley was invited to be interviewed by a radio station in Baltimore that produces a Jewish affairs program, “Shalom USA.” The interview aired last weekend.
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- Browse Blog Archive>>