Evensong Rising at Nyack on November 4
Evensong Rising (EsR), a worship band led by Rev. Chris Sorensen (ATS ’03) will be in concert at Nyack on Saturday, November 4 at 7 p.m. in Bowman Gymnasium on the Rockland campus. The band ministers in music weekly at Stanwich Congregational Church in Greenwich, CT, where Rev. Sorensen is an associate pastor. EsR will be joined by hip-hop artist Bobby Bishop and the band, Enter the Worship Circle.
The November 4 concert is hosted by The Rising Group, a not-for-profit Christian organization. Rising Group events combine the music and presentations on humanitarian efforts with an ecumenical service. Humanitarian organizations such as World Relief and the Haitian Health Foundation are among the co-sponsors of this free event that tours colleges and universities in the Northeast.
For more information about Rising Group events and its mission and theology, visit or email the organization’s director Bethany Olson at Bethany@therisinggroup.org. Go to www.evensongrising.com to learn more about the members of the group.
- Friday, Jan. 30: Andrew Palau at Nyack College Rockland
- February 9: Andrew White in Concert at Nyack College Rockland
- Photographer Babita Patel Captures the Spirit of Nyack's Hudson Link Graduation
- C&MA Metro District Grant Supports Training for Emerging Leaders at Nyack/ATS
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>