Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
April is National Poetry Month and Nyack College's own Dr. Fernando Arzola, Jr, dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and associate professor of religion will be the featured speaker on the work of Pablo Neruda. “Passion, Politics, Poetry: The Life and Writings of Pablo Neruda" will be presented on Tuesday, April 15, 7:00 pm at the Nyack Public Library located at 59 South Broadway, Nyack NY 10960.
During this presentation, Dr. Arzola will briefly examine the life of a man considered "the most influential poet in the Spanish language." The voice of Neruda will be heard in the reading of several of his poems and excerpts from his memoirs. Pablo Neruda's passion for life, justice and love are in full display in his phenomenal work.
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- TODAY: Second Chance to Audition for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- NOV. 5-6: Dr. Kevin Danaher is Fall 2014 Nyack 's Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- NOV. 6 Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Browse Blog Archive>>