Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
As a part of its "Building Community Project," Aramark employees around the world recently participated in Global Volunteer Day. The team that services Nyack College chose to collect donations and create New Mother Kits for Care Net Pregnancy Center in Spring Valley, NY. With a “wish list” from Gloria Calo, Care Net’s executive director, vendors were invited to contribute or offer discounts on items to be included in the kits. Marc Fahringer, Aramark district manager supervised the project, which was coordinated by Amelia Dantas and Debby Paine.
Nyack College and the Aramark staff were very generous in giving, which resulted in more than $5,000.00 worth of items on the Care Net’s Wish List being collected and 50 New Mother Kits being put together. In addition to the kits the Spring Valley organization received cases of diapers, strollers, car seats, pack ‘n plays, computers, a microwave and a projector.
Kudos to the volunteers for this wonderful outpouring of love and compassion!
- SEPT. 18: Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack College
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Browse Blog Archive>>