Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
As a part of its "Building Community Project," Aramark employees around the world recently participated in Global Volunteer Day. The team that services Nyack College chose to collect donations and create New Mother Kits for Care Net Pregnancy Center in Spring Valley, NY. With a “wish list” from Gloria Calo, Care Net’s executive director, vendors were invited to contribute or offer discounts on items to be included in the kits. Marc Fahringer, Aramark district manager supervised the project, which was coordinated by Amelia Dantas and Debby Paine.
Nyack College and the Aramark staff were very generous in giving, which resulted in more than $5,000.00 worth of items on the Care Net’s Wish List being collected and 50 New Mother Kits being put together. In addition to the kits the Spring Valley organization received cases of diapers, strollers, car seats, pack ‘n plays, computers, a microwave and a projector.
Kudos to the volunteers for this wonderful outpouring of love and compassion!
- JANUARY 30: Office of Spiritual Formation Presents Andrew Palau
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>