Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
As a part of its "Building Community Project," Aramark employees around the world recently participated in Global Volunteer Day. The team that services Nyack College chose to collect donations and create New Mother Kits for Care Net Pregnancy Center in Spring Valley, NY. With a “wish list” from Gloria Calo, Care Net’s executive director, vendors were invited to contribute or offer discounts on items to be included in the kits. Marc Fahringer, Aramark district manager supervised the project, which was coordinated by Amelia Dantas and Debby Paine.
Nyack College and the Aramark staff were very generous in giving, which resulted in more than $5,000.00 worth of items on the Care Net’s Wish List being collected and 50 New Mother Kits being put together. In addition to the kits the Spring Valley organization received cases of diapers, strollers, car seats, pack ‘n plays, computers, a microwave and a projector.
Kudos to the volunteers for this wonderful outpouring of love and compassion!
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- Browse Blog Archive>>