Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
Last month, word reached the Nyack College office of President Michael G. Scales that the New York Student Aid Alliance was soliciting support for an increase in Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) funding. Via email Dr. Scales, encouraged the campus community to rally around the effort and urged individuals to contact their state officials who would be considering the State budget.
The TAP program had not seen an increase in a decade, while for 40 years these funds have helped millions of New York State residents pay for college.
In an email from Laura Anglin, president of the Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities, the good news arrived that the Senate and Assembly passed the SFY 2014-15 New York State Budget with the Governor and state legislators supporting TAP and opportunity program increases.
Click here to visit the CICU website and learn more about this exciting development.
- SEPT. 18: Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack College
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Browse Blog Archive>>