Dr. Lyndell O'Hara Presents on The King Years
The Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) will host two Colloquium events featuring history professor Dr. Lyndell O’Hara discussing the book, The King Years: Historic Moments in the Civil Rights Movement by Taylor Branch. (Click here to read an excerpt.)
Today at Nyack's New York City campus the colloquium will be held from 5:10-6:00 p.m. on Nyack’s New York City campus, 21st floor, 2 Washington Street in Battery Park.
Dr. Lyndell O’Hara is a charter faculty member of the Manhattan campus of Nyack College since its return to New York City in 1995. After many years in various administrative positions, she has returned to the classroom full-time as a professor of history. Dr. O’Hara has a master’s degree in interdisciplinary studies from the State University of New York Empire State College and a master’s degree and Ph.D. from Fordham University in early modern history.
For more information, email email@example.com or phone 845.675.7165. Visit the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement website at www.nyack.edu/csge.
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>