Dr. Lyndell O'Hara Presents on The King Years
The Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) will host two Colloquium events featuring history professor Dr. Lyndell O’Hara discussing the book, The King Years: Historic Moments in the Civil Rights Movement by Taylor Branch. (Click here to read an excerpt.)
Today at Nyack's New York City campus the colloquium will be held from 5:10-6:00 p.m. on Nyack’s New York City campus, 21st floor, 2 Washington Street in Battery Park.
Dr. Lyndell O’Hara is a charter faculty member of the Manhattan campus of Nyack College since its return to New York City in 1995. After many years in various administrative positions, she has returned to the classroom full-time as a professor of history. Dr. O’Hara has a master’s degree in interdisciplinary studies from the State University of New York Empire State College and a master’s degree and Ph.D. from Fordham University in early modern history.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 845.675.7165. Visit the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement website at www.nyack.edu/csge.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Tournament Luncheon Speaker
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Browse Blog Archive>>