Alliance Theological Seminary Milestone: First Successful Dissertation Defense
Today, March 17, Rev. Gershwin Grant, the first Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) candidate successfully defended his dissertation, "Evaluating a Spiritually Formed Prayer Immersion Program for Members of the Conservative Baptist Church." This milestone event took place at the Rockland County campus of the seminary. Dr. Ronald Walborn, ATS dean, moderated the oral defense, which was overseen by Dr. Frank Chan, coordinator for D.Min. dissertations.
Pictured above are (l-r) Dr. Paul de Vries, Dr. Ronald Walborn, Rev. Gershwin Grant, Mrs. Cynthia Grant, Dr. Torrey Robinson, and Dr. Frank Chan.
Born in London, England, Gershwin Francis Emmanuel Grant and his family moved to New York City when he was just a teenager. While attending the New York Institute of Technology to earn a degree in architecture, he became a Christian. Five years into his career as an architect, he pursued a career change to ministry by studying evenings and weekends at the New York School of the Bible, Seminary of the East, and Alliance Theological Seminary, while still employed by WYS Design Architects.
Rev. Grant has served as pastor of Calvary Baptist Church in Ossining, NY since 2003.
The dissertation committee included Dr. Paul de Vries, president of the New York Divinity School, who is also pastor of Immanuel Community Church in Manhattan and Dr. Torrey Robinson, pastor of First Baptist Church of Tarrytown.
Congratulations to Rev. and Mrs. Grant!
ABOUT THE DOCTOR OF MINISTRY PROGRAM AT ALLIANCE THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY
The Doctor of Ministry is the first doctoral program offered at Nyack/ATS. The three year program has seven different cohorts in progress. More than 90 students are active in the program. Students range in age from 28 to 60+ years. They hail from more than 30 different countries and from more than 20 different denominations.
- TONIGHT! --Velocity Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Anti-Human Trafficking Art Exhibit with Susan Clinthorne and Sally Thielen at Nyack Rockland
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Browse Blog Archive>>