Nyack NYC Social Work Org Collects for the City's Homeless
Nyack College NYC’s Social Work Organization (SWO) is conducting a food and clothing drive beginning Tuesday, March 11 through Tuesday, March 25 to collect items to help the city’s homeless served by the Bowery Mission and the Franklin Avenue Women’s Shelter. Drop boxes will be available all day on the 20th floor and in the Student Lounge in Lower Level at the 2 Washington Street campus.
SWO President Cynthia Thrasher encourages the campus community to donate food items such canned fruits and vegetables, tuna, milk, fruit, peanut butter, jelly, granola bars, pasta, cereal, sugar, rice and potatoes. New and gently used clothing for men and women of all sizes may include tops, shirts, coats, suits, skirts, hats, pants, scarves, thermal underwear, socks, underwear and new blankets.
For additional information, please contact Cezanne Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Browse Blog Archive>>