Nyack NYC Social Work Org Collects for the City's Homeless
Nyack College NYC’s Social Work Organization (SWO) is conducting a food and clothing drive beginning Tuesday, March 11 through Tuesday, March 25 to collect items to help the city’s homeless served by the Bowery Mission and the Franklin Avenue Women’s Shelter. Drop boxes will be available all day on the 20th floor and in the Student Lounge in Lower Level at the 2 Washington Street campus.
SWO President Cynthia Thrasher encourages the campus community to donate food items such canned fruits and vegetables, tuna, milk, fruit, peanut butter, jelly, granola bars, pasta, cereal, sugar, rice and potatoes. New and gently used clothing for men and women of all sizes may include tops, shirts, coats, suits, skirts, hats, pants, scarves, thermal underwear, socks, underwear and new blankets.
For additional information, please contact Cezanne Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SEPT. 18: Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack College
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Browse Blog Archive>>