2014 Nyack College Honorary Doctorates to "Son of God" Producers
Two successful private screenings of “Son of God,” the epic depiction of the life of Jesus Christ, were hosted by Nyack College for its current students, faculty, and staff who were joined by special invited guests including local high school students, and church youth groups at AMC Theatres in Rockland County and in Manhattan. The campus community is celebrating with co-producers Mark Burnett and Roma Downey as the film is released in theatres nationwide today.
The husband and wife team, who also co-produced the popular ten-hour miniseries, “The Bible” (2013 The History Channel) will both receive honorary doctorates (Doctor of Letters) from Nyack College at the 2014 Commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 10 at the Westchester County Center. Prior to the graduation ceremony, they will also be inducted into Nyack’s President’s Hall of Distinction at the annual President’s Brunch, along with British Parliament member Lord Edmiston, who will also receive the Doctor of Letters.
Emmy Award-winner Burnett has produced more than 2,400 hours of television programming, which regularly airs in more than 70 countries worldwide. Currently, Burnett’s network series include "Survivor" (CBS), "The Voice" (NBC), "The Celebrity Apprentice" (NBC), “Shark Tank” (ABC) and “The People’s Choice Awards.”
A celebrated, Emmy-nominated television and stage actress, Roma Downey is most known for her decade of work as the tenderhearted Monica, in over 200 episodes of Touched by an Angel (1994) to a weekly audience of over 20 million and played the role of Mary, the mother of Jesus, in “The Bible.”
Click here to hear a greeting from Mark Burnett and Roma Downey.
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- Browse Blog Archive>>