2014 Nyack College Honorary Doctorates to "Son of God" Producers
Two successful private screenings of “Son of God,” the epic depiction of the life of Jesus Christ, were hosted by Nyack College for its current students, faculty, and staff who were joined by special invited guests including local high school students, and church youth groups at AMC Theatres in Rockland County and in Manhattan. The campus community is celebrating with co-producers Mark Burnett and Roma Downey as the film is released in theatres nationwide today.
The husband and wife team, who also co-produced the popular ten-hour miniseries, “The Bible” (2013 The History Channel) will both receive honorary doctorates (Doctor of Letters) from Nyack College at the 2014 Commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 10 at the Westchester County Center. Prior to the graduation ceremony, they will also be inducted into Nyack’s President’s Hall of Distinction at the annual President’s Brunch, along with British Parliament member Lord Edmiston, who will also receive the Doctor of Letters.
Emmy Award-winner Burnett has produced more than 2,400 hours of television programming, which regularly airs in more than 70 countries worldwide. Currently, Burnett’s network series include "Survivor" (CBS), "The Voice" (NBC), "The Celebrity Apprentice" (NBC), “Shark Tank” (ABC) and “The People’s Choice Awards.”
A celebrated, Emmy-nominated television and stage actress, Roma Downey is most known for her decade of work as the tenderhearted Monica, in over 200 episodes of Touched by an Angel (1994) to a weekly audience of over 20 million and played the role of Mary, the mother of Jesus, in “The Bible.”
Click here to hear a greeting from Mark Burnett and Roma Downey.
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Browse Blog Archive>>