2014 Nyack College Honorary Doctorates to "Son of God" Producers
Two successful private screenings of “Son of God,” the epic depiction of the life of Jesus Christ, were hosted by Nyack College for its current students, faculty, and staff who were joined by special invited guests including local high school students, and church youth groups at AMC Theatres in Rockland County and in Manhattan. The campus community is celebrating with co-producers Mark Burnett and Roma Downey as the film is released in theatres nationwide today.
The husband and wife team, who also co-produced the popular ten-hour miniseries, “The Bible” (2013 The History Channel) will both receive honorary doctorates (Doctor of Letters) from Nyack College at the 2014 Commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 10 at the Westchester County Center. Prior to the graduation ceremony, they will also be inducted into Nyack’s President’s Hall of Distinction at the annual President’s Brunch, along with British Parliament member Lord Edmiston, who will also receive the Doctor of Letters.
Emmy Award-winner Burnett has produced more than 2,400 hours of television programming, which regularly airs in more than 70 countries worldwide. Currently, Burnett’s network series include "Survivor" (CBS), "The Voice" (NBC), "The Celebrity Apprentice" (NBC), “Shark Tank” (ABC) and “The People’s Choice Awards.”
A celebrated, Emmy-nominated television and stage actress, Roma Downey is most known for her decade of work as the tenderhearted Monica, in over 200 episodes of Touched by an Angel (1994) to a weekly audience of over 20 million and played the role of Mary, the mother of Jesus, in “The Bible.”
Click here to hear a greeting from Mark Burnett and Roma Downey.
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2017 Seed to Harvest Seminar Hosted by Donna Baptiste Ministries
- '08 ATS Alumnus and Young Adults Pastor Adds Executive Director Role to Ministry
- Faculty Recital Features Dr. Tammy Lum
- Nyack Dean to Azusa Pacific Director: Coast to Coast Mentoring
- Nyack Warriors Basketball Podcast
- A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
- Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
- NOV 15: WMCA Radio 570AM Networking Breakfast at Nyack New York City Campus
- Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Nyack School of Music Students Perform at Market Street Mission
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Colloquium Series
- Prayer Summit 2017 With Dave Powers
- Boxer Donut & Expresso Bar Owned by 2012 Nyack Alumnus, Eric Brown
- Browse Blog Archive>>