Sounds of Praise Tour Ushers in Lenten Season
The Sounds of Praise, a concert of sacred music performed by Nyack College music students, will be presented at the First Reformed Church of Nyack, 18 S. Broadway, Nyack, NY on Saturday, March 8 at 7:30 p.m. The program will feature solos and small ensemble pieces. Nyack's English Handbell Choir and Brass Ensemble, under the direction of Prof. Jennifer Scott and Dr. Glenn Koponen, will perform seasonal music ranging from classical to contemporary, from plainsongs to spirituals. The concert is open to the public with no admission fee.
Nyack's Brass Ensemble will perform at the 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Sunday services at Ridgeway Allliance Church, 465 Ridgeway in White Plains, NY.
For more information and directions, please call the office at the First Reformed Church at 845-358-5518 or the Nyack College School of Music Office at (845) 675-4687.
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- TODAY: Second Chance to Audition for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- NOV. 5-6: Dr. Kevin Danaher is Fall 2014 Nyack 's Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- NOV. 6 Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Browse Blog Archive>>