MANDELA DAY Celebrated at Nyack New York City
Nelson Mandela, the late president of South Africa and anti-apartheid activist, will be honored on Wednesday, February 26 at Nyack College New York City, 2 Washington Street, Room 2241 in Manhattan. The event is the collaborative effort of Nyack’s Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement, the New York City campus Office of Student Development, and the College of Arts and Science.
Mandela Day activities include the following:
3:00-4:45 pm Film Forum featuring "Mandela" (Click here to preview a clip.)
4:45-5:00 pm Musical presentation of South African music by the Nyack Chorale and the Christian Folk Ensemble
5:00-6:00 pm The Legacy of Nelson Mandela, A Panel Discussion moderated by Rev. Charles Hammond
Dr. Fernando Arzola: Pragmatic Prophet: Reflections on Mandela’s Quiet Faith
Dr. Marcia Lucas: Loving to Future Generations
Dr. Vilma "Nina" Balmaceda: Truth-Telling and the Challenge of seeking justice after Apartheid
Dr. Mayra Lopez-Humphreys: Madiba and Forgiveness and Reconciliation
All are welcome.
For more information, phone 845.675.7165 or email email@example.com.
- SEPT. 18: Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack College
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Browse Blog Archive>>