MANDELA DAY Celebrated at Nyack New York City
Nelson Mandela, the late president of South Africa and anti-apartheid activist, will be honored on Wednesday, February 26 at Nyack College New York City, 2 Washington Street, Room 2241 in Manhattan. The event is the collaborative effort of Nyack’s Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement, the New York City campus Office of Student Development, and the College of Arts and Science.
Mandela Day activities include the following:
3:00-4:45 pm Film Forum featuring "Mandela" (Click here to preview a clip.)
4:45-5:00 pm Musical presentation of South African music by the Nyack Chorale and the Christian Folk Ensemble
5:00-6:00 pm The Legacy of Nelson Mandela, A Panel Discussion moderated by Rev. Charles Hammond
Dr. Fernando Arzola: Pragmatic Prophet: Reflections on Mandela’s Quiet Faith
Dr. Marcia Lucas: Loving to Future Generations
Dr. Vilma "Nina" Balmaceda: Truth-Telling and the Challenge of seeking justice after Apartheid
Dr. Mayra Lopez-Humphreys: Madiba and Forgiveness and Reconciliation
All are welcome.
For more information, phone 845.675.7165 or email email@example.com.
- JANUARY 30: Office of Spiritual Formation Presents Andrew Palau
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>