MANDELA DAY Celebrated at Nyack New York City
Nelson Mandela, the late president of South Africa and anti-apartheid activist, will be honored on Wednesday, February 26 at Nyack College New York City, 2 Washington Street, Room 2241 in Manhattan. The event is the collaborative effort of Nyack’s Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement, the New York City campus Office of Student Development, and the College of Arts and Science.
Mandela Day activities include the following:
3:00-4:45 pm Film Forum featuring "Mandela" (Click here to preview a clip.)
4:45-5:00 pm Musical presentation of South African music by the Nyack Chorale and the Christian Folk Ensemble
5:00-6:00 pm The Legacy of Nelson Mandela, A Panel Discussion moderated by Rev. Charles Hammond
Dr. Fernando Arzola: Pragmatic Prophet: Reflections on Mandela’s Quiet Faith
Dr. Marcia Lucas: Loving to Future Generations
Dr. Vilma "Nina" Balmaceda: Truth-Telling and the Challenge of seeking justice after Apartheid
Dr. Mayra Lopez-Humphreys: Madiba and Forgiveness and Reconciliation
All are welcome.
For more information, phone 845.675.7165 or email email@example.com.
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- OCT 29 & 31: Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- NOV. 6 Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- NOV. 5-6: Dr. Kevin Danaher is Fall 2014 Nyack 's Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Anti-Human Trafficking Art Exhibit with Susan Clinthorne and Sally Thielen at Nyack Rockland
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- Browse Blog Archive>>