Catalyst for Compassion Book Club: A Nyack NYC Social Work Forum
The Nyack College Department of Social Work sponsors Catalyst for Compassion Book Club, a forum for professionals, educators, and students "who seek to be catalysts promoting a just and caring society with compassion by integrating their Christian faith and social work practice." The group’s purpose is to facilitate critical thinking and discussion of crucial and current issues through reading and discussing relevant books.
Coordinators are David Fritz, LMSW; Marcia Herrera, LMSW; Delia Kim, MSW; Percie MCLain, BSW; Brian D. Roland, Ph.D.; and Kwi Yun, Ph.D.
Reflection, response, and discussion takes place on Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. on the Nyack Manhattan campus, 2 Washington Street in The Pavilion on the 21st Floor. The January 2014 discussion was on The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander.
Upcoming meetings are
Thursday, March 6, 2014 - The Long Loneliness by Dorothy Day
Thursday, May 8, 2014 - The Great Divorce by Dorothy Day
Like Catalyst for Compassion Book Club on Facebook.
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>