Catalyst for Compassion Book Club: A Nyack NYC Social Work Forum
The Nyack College Department of Social Work sponsors Catalyst for Compassion Book Club, a forum for professionals, educators, and students "who seek to be catalysts promoting a just and caring society with compassion by integrating their Christian faith and social work practice." The group’s purpose is to facilitate critical thinking and discussion of crucial and current issues through reading and discussing relevant books.
Coordinators are David Fritz, LMSW; Marcia Herrera, LMSW; Delia Kim, MSW; Percie MCLain, BSW; Brian D. Roland, Ph.D.; and Kwi Yun, Ph.D.
Reflection, response, and discussion takes place on Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. on the Nyack Manhattan campus, 2 Washington Street in The Pavilion on the 21st Floor. The January 2014 discussion was on The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander.
Upcoming meetings are
Thursday, March 6, 2014 - The Long Loneliness by Dorothy Day
Thursday, May 8, 2014 - The Great Divorce by Dorothy Day
Like Catalyst for Compassion Book Club on Facebook.
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Broken To Minister CD Launch Event at NYC Campus
- 15-City Promo Tour for Nyack NYC Campus Music Prof Damien Sneed
- Becker Professional Education Presentation
- FEBRUARY 23-24: Pianist Marcelo Liano in Concert at Nyack Rockland
- Colloquium Series Features Dr. Kale Yu on "Earth in Mind"
- Denise Lewis Patrick, Award-Winning Author and Nyack Adjunct, Presents Connected Souls
- Nursing Alumni Return to Share Their Journey
- Nyack College Partners with the Luis Palau Association
- Nyack Reps at NY Student Aid Alliance Advocacy Day in Albany
- Damien Sneed, NYC Music Faculty, in PBS Documentary on Work by Wynton Marsalis
- Andrew White in Concert at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack AGSC Professor and Students Published in Journal
- Kathy Schwarz, First 2015 Nyack Critical Reads Presenter
- Nyack College Partners With the Luis Palau Evangelistic Association
- Browse Blog Archive>>