Catalyst for Compassion Book Club: A Nyack NYC Social Work Forum
The Nyack College Department of Social Work sponsors Catalyst for Compassion Book Club, a forum for professionals, educators, and students "who seek to be catalysts promoting a just and caring society with compassion by integrating their Christian faith and social work practice." The group’s purpose is to facilitate critical thinking and discussion of crucial and current issues through reading and discussing relevant books.
Coordinators are David Fritz, LMSW; Marcia Herrera, LMSW; Delia Kim, MSW; Percie MCLain, BSW; Brian D. Roland, Ph.D.; and Kwi Yun, Ph.D.
Reflection, response, and discussion takes place on Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. on the Nyack Manhattan campus, 2 Washington Street in The Pavilion on the 21st Floor. The January 2014 discussion was on The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander.
Upcoming meetings are
Thursday, March 6, 2014 - The Long Loneliness by Dorothy Day
Thursday, May 8, 2014 - The Great Divorce by Dorothy Day
Like Catalyst for Compassion Book Club on Facebook.
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- English Chairman Announces Publication of Fine Print
- Career Talk on Banking at Nyack College Rockland
- RELEASE: Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary Commencement 2015
- School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
- 2016 Global Service-Learning Trips For Nyack Students
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Winners
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Pianist Johnny Walsh In Concert on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Music Students Minister at Morristown's Market Street Mission
- ATS Colloquium On State and Religion: The Case of Israel
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Browse Blog Archive>>