Nyack College Co-Sponsors MLK Oratory Contest
Nyack Center's annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Oratory Contest will be held on February 8, 7:00 p.m. at the Center located at 58 Depew Avenue in Nyack. Rockland County youth ages 13-20 are invited to participate in the competition by delivering a 3-5 minute segement of a speech by Dr. King.
Earl Miller, executive director of community relations at Nyack College is accepting registrations until Monday, February 3. For more information, contact him at 845.675.4791 or Earl.Miller@nyack.edu.
Orange & Rockland is the corporate sponsor and Nyack College joins Dominican College, SUNY Rockland Community College, and St. Thomas Aquinas College as co-sponsors of the event.
Awards of $1,000, $500, and $250 presented to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will include scholarship opportunities at all four Rockland colleges.
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- TODAY! Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- NOV. 6 Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- NOV. 5-6: Dr. Kevin Danaher is Fall 2014 Nyack 's Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Browse Blog Archive>>