Nyack Seaport Venue for Recognizing Community Leadership
More than 100 guests joined Nyack's Office of Community Relations for a pre-Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday event at Nyack Seaport on Friday, January 17.
The Rockland County campus hosted the Ninth Annual Social Justice Day Luncheon where community leaders and organizations were recognized for their work that represents Dr. King's vision of "the beloved community."
Presentations were made to honorees (l-r) Nathan Mungin of the Martin Luther King Multi-Purpose Center in Spring Valley, NY; Maria Luisa Whittingham, gift shop and boutique owner in downtown Nyack; Jan Degenshein of Leadership Rockland, New City. A special recognition and live interview of the Honorable Donovan Richards, Jr. of New York City District 31, was conducted by Nyack's executive director of community relations, Earl Miller.
Videos of the Social Justice Day Award recipients can be viewed at the links below.
Leadership Rockland - http://youtu.be/T37DGoFMecc
Maria Luisa Whittingham - http://youtu.be/nJFLcUxi5k
Martin Luther King, Jr. Multipurpose Center - http://youtu.be/C0a68VaJfNc
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- October 31: Next Audition for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- NOV. 6 Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- NOV. 5-6: Dr. Kevin Danaher is Fall 2014 Nyack 's Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Browse Blog Archive>>