Hmong Pastor Visits ATS for Inaugural Hmong Student Event
Dr. Ronald Walborn and Alliance Theological Seminary welcomed Dr. Timothy T. Vang, senior pastor of the 2,300-member Hmong American Alliance Church in Maplewood, MN to the Rockland campus.
A servant leader for more than 28 years, Dr. Vang responded to a request from Hmong students at the seminary to provide training for ministry in the Hmong context. The vision of the students is to start a Hmong fellowship on both the Rockland and Manhattan campuses to offer continued support and training. This inaugural weeklong event launched that effort.
Dr. Vang, (pictured with Dr. Walborn; Dr. David Turk, provost and vice president; and the Hmong students), was eagerly received by the group because of his extensive background in church planting, writing Sunday School curriculum, conference presentations and serving as a Hmong District Superintendent. Dr. Vang founded the Fox Valley Lao/Hmong Association in Appleton, WI in 1978.
In addition to so faithfully serving the body of Christ, Dr. Vang is a husband and father of three sons and three daughters.
- SEPT. 18: Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack College
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Browse Blog Archive>>