Hmong Pastor Visits ATS for Inaugural Hmong Student Event
Dr. Ronald Walborn and Alliance Theological Seminary welcomed Dr. Timothy T. Vang, senior pastor of the 2,300-member Hmong American Alliance Church in Maplewood, MN to the Rockland campus.
A servant leader for more than 28 years, Dr. Vang responded to a request from Hmong students at the seminary to provide training for ministry in the Hmong context. The vision of the students is to start a Hmong fellowship on both the Rockland and Manhattan campuses to offer continued support and training. This inaugural weeklong event launched that effort.
Dr. Vang, (pictured with Dr. Walborn; Dr. David Turk, provost and vice president; and the Hmong students), was eagerly received by the group because of his extensive background in church planting, writing Sunday School curriculum, conference presentations and serving as a Hmong District Superintendent. Dr. Vang founded the Fox Valley Lao/Hmong Association in Appleton, WI in 1978.
In addition to so faithfully serving the body of Christ, Dr. Vang is a husband and father of three sons and three daughters.
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Browse Blog Archive>>