RELEASE: M&T Bank Continues to Invest in Nyack Students
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
M&T Bank Gift Expands Scholarship Fund at Nyack College
NYACK, NY--Nyack College recently received a $5,000 contribution from M&T Bank, a donation that continues to grow the 131-year-old college’s M&T Bank Minority Scholarship Fund. This continuing generosity is a reflection of the bank’s advocacy for higher education and its commitment to serving the college for the past two decades.
M&T’s first contribution in 2003, given fully as scholarships, was followed the next year with a donation that in part established The M&T Bank Endowed Scholarship Fund. With the bank’s annual giving, the fund has reached more than $62,000.
“As a regional bank that has a strong presence in Rockland County, we understand the important role Nyack College plays in the local economy by developing the regional workforce, educating future leaders and helping students improve their lives,” said M&T Bank Regional President Paula Mandell (pictured above).
Scholarships have been awarded from the earnings of this fund and from additional gifts from M&T given to select minority students enrolled at the college, who maintain more than a 3.5 cumulative GPA and who qualify for needs-based financial assistance.
“M&T has played a major role in seeing our school grow enrollment, expand programs; and most importantly, educate men and women who are emerging leaders with the mindset of making a transformational impact in the global community,” says Dr. David C. Jennings, executive vice president and treasurer of the college.
Grounded in five core values--of being academically excellent, globally engaged, intentionally diverse, personally transforming, and socially relevant--Nyack College educates more than 3,400 students from the Tri-State New York metro area, as well as young men and women from across the United States and around the globe. Students are enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs and choose from more than 50 majors.
Nyack College was founded in 1882 by Dr. Albert Benjamin Simpson. In addition to its residential campus in Nyack, NY and a new location for its Manhattan campus in historic Battery Park, an extension site is also in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Nyack is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and is chartered by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York. For more information, visit www.nyack.edu.
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- MAY 31: Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating the School of Nursing's "Surviving Six"
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- The Nyack College Fishing Club's Big Catch
- Non-Profit Awards Dr. Jackie Washington Fellowship for Ecology Project in Costa Rica
- Seventh Year for Woman...Rite of Passage Ceremony
- Meet the 2017-2018 NYC Campus Student Government Officers
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Summer 2017 Research Grants for Nyack Faculty Announced
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Browse Blog Archive>>