RELEASE: M&T Bank Continues to Invest in Nyack Students
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
M&T Bank Gift Expands Scholarship Fund at Nyack College
NYACK, NY--Nyack College recently received a $5,000 contribution from M&T Bank, a donation that continues to grow the 131-year-old college’s M&T Bank Minority Scholarship Fund. This continuing generosity is a reflection of the bank’s advocacy for higher education and its commitment to serving the college for the past two decades.
M&T’s first contribution in 2003, given fully as scholarships, was followed the next year with a donation that in part established The M&T Bank Endowed Scholarship Fund. With the bank’s annual giving, the fund has reached more than $62,000.
“As a regional bank that has a strong presence in Rockland County, we understand the important role Nyack College plays in the local economy by developing the regional workforce, educating future leaders and helping students improve their lives,” said M&T Bank Regional President Paula Mandell (pictured above).
Scholarships have been awarded from the earnings of this fund and from additional gifts from M&T given to select minority students enrolled at the college, who maintain more than a 3.5 cumulative GPA and who qualify for needs-based financial assistance.
“M&T has played a major role in seeing our school grow enrollment, expand programs; and most importantly, educate men and women who are emerging leaders with the mindset of making a transformational impact in the global community,” says Dr. David C. Jennings, executive vice president and treasurer of the college.
Grounded in five core values--of being academically excellent, globally engaged, intentionally diverse, personally transforming, and socially relevant--Nyack College educates more than 3,400 students from the Tri-State New York metro area, as well as young men and women from across the United States and around the globe. Students are enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs and choose from more than 50 majors.
Nyack College was founded in 1882 by Dr. Albert Benjamin Simpson. In addition to its residential campus in Nyack, NY and a new location for its Manhattan campus in historic Battery Park, an extension site is also in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Nyack is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and is chartered by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York. For more information, visit www.nyack.edu.
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- Nyack's Welcome Mat for Hungary
- Nyack College Remembers the Late John Lawrence Seigenthaler
- Nyack College, A Partner Instructor School for Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Nyack College Venue for County Legislature's Forum
- Nyack Nursing Professor and Student Publish in Journal of Nursing
- Alliance World Fellowship Committee Meets at Nyack/ATS Rockland
- Is Nyack Affordable?
- JUNE 13 & 14: Steinway & Sons Sponsor Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College
- JUNE 11: Nyack's 2014 Golf Classic
- Nyack College Social Work Major Receives NPRDP Scholarship
- RELEASE: An Award-Winning 2013-2104 for Women Warriors
- Nyack's Dr. Steve Notley on Archaeological Survey in Israel
- Nyack Campus Community Remembers Ralph G. Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Nyack's Newest Members of Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon
- Browse Blog Archive>>