RELEASE: M&T Bank Continues to Invest in Nyack Students
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
M&T Bank Gift Expands Scholarship Fund at Nyack College
NYACK, NY--Nyack College recently received a $5,000 contribution from M&T Bank, a donation that continues to grow the 131-year-old college’s M&T Bank Minority Scholarship Fund. This continuing generosity is a reflection of the bank’s advocacy for higher education and its commitment to serving the college for the past two decades.
M&T’s first contribution in 2003, given fully as scholarships, was followed the next year with a donation that in part established The M&T Bank Endowed Scholarship Fund. With the bank’s annual giving, the fund has reached more than $62,000.
“As a regional bank that has a strong presence in Rockland County, we understand the important role Nyack College plays in the local economy by developing the regional workforce, educating future leaders and helping students improve their lives,” said M&T Bank Regional President Paula Mandell (pictured above).
Scholarships have been awarded from the earnings of this fund and from additional gifts from M&T given to select minority students enrolled at the college, who maintain more than a 3.5 cumulative GPA and who qualify for needs-based financial assistance.
“M&T has played a major role in seeing our school grow enrollment, expand programs; and most importantly, educate men and women who are emerging leaders with the mindset of making a transformational impact in the global community,” says Dr. David C. Jennings, executive vice president and treasurer of the college.
Grounded in five core values--of being academically excellent, globally engaged, intentionally diverse, personally transforming, and socially relevant--Nyack College educates more than 3,400 students from the Tri-State New York metro area, as well as young men and women from across the United States and around the globe. Students are enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs and choose from more than 50 majors.
Nyack College was founded in 1882 by Dr. Albert Benjamin Simpson. In addition to its residential campus in Nyack, NY and a new location for its Manhattan campus in historic Battery Park, an extension site is also in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Nyack is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and is chartered by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York. For more information, visit www.nyack.edu.
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Nyack College Among 67 Schools Participating in the Second Chance Program
- iSucceed at Nyack Is a School of Music Success
- Lauren Lebo Named 2016 Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association’s Division II Scholar-Athlete of the Year!
- Dr. Gabriel Salguero, Former Alliance Theological Seminary Professor Comforts Floridians
- Biola U Students Welcomed to Nyack's Battery Park/Wall Street Prayer Meeting
- Music Alumni Perform With Shining Lights Prison Ministry Tour
- Live at Carnegie Hall...Nyack College NYC Chorale!
- Nyack -- A Founding Partner of the Fair Chance Higher Education Pledge
- Daniela Guirola (NC '15) Gives Music Project Proceeds to Guatemalan Non-Profit
- Lynette Rhett, Nyack NYC Student Releases CD--Come Jesus Come
- Distance Ed Roster Grows at Nyack /ATS
- Sat., June 4: Top 10 Tips on the Great Fish Count from Dr. Peter Park
- Nyack NYC School of Music's "Purpose" Performs at Essex Alliance Church
- YouVersion Founder Bobby Gruenewald Calls Nyack/ATS Grads World Changers
- Nyack Student Government Recognizes Campus Leaders
- Commencement Guests Share Appreciation for Nyack's Mission
- Celebrating Commencement 2016
- Parents of Youth 7-18! Check Out Summer Sports Camps at Nyack
- Zahir Edwards (1996-2016)...President Scales Pays Tribute to a Nyack Warrior
- Nyack Represented at Education Financing Forum
- Nyack Students and Faculty Perform in Musikabend
- Meet Dr. Peter Park at the World Science Festival's Great Fish Count
- Nyack's 2016 Year-End Faculty/Staff Luncheon and Awards
- Nyack College 2016 Honorary Degree Recipient Featured in "The Village"
- Browse Blog Archive>>